Good news for Philly local beer fans!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PearlJamNoCode

Reaction score
Philadelphia Brewing Company beer is now for sale in bottles! And they opened the brewery for tours!

pbc3.jpg

Cool - but each of those beers, save the Wit, should have another 1oz. of beer in them. They are barely filled into the neck? Maybe a lot of beers are like this and I just never noticed...

Will be checking my commercial beer mini-fridge tonight to confirm... :)

Alright.....I have a sampler case in the house and I have sampled one of each today. Here's a quick hit list (detailed reviews can follow if anyone is interested):

The rowhouse red is prb the best of the four by a large margin. Interesting beer with plenty of malt & yeast character.

The kenzinger is on the bland side.

Newbold...IPA? really? Straddling the line between English pale and Brit IPA on the hop end.

Walt Wit isn't bad, definite chick appeal (no offense intended)..sweet, loads of coriander and citrus..a bit much for my taste. Think fresher and more flavorful Blue Moon.

Overall, this is a great case for the budding craft enthusiast making the transition. Lots of flavor (kenzinger aside) but nothing too aggressive or palate challenging.

I picked up a case of the Rowhouse Red last night. I went back and forth between the sampler and just the Rowhouse, but with the lackluster kenzinger review and already having 5 gallons of IPA and Wit of homebrew in the basement I went with just the Rowhouse.

I don't regret the choice at all. As brewt00l mentioned it has decent malt and yeast characteristics. It does seem like the bottles are inconsistently filled. One bottle will have 1 inch of open space, while the next has 1.5 inches.

Back