Good going out of business sale...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoxofRain

Reaction score
Came across this when I was looking for better bottles.

Home Brewing, Beer, Wine, Grain, Health

My score:

BETTER BOTTLE 6 Gal PLAIN 1 @ 15.31
BETTER BOTTLE 5 Gal 1 @ 15.31
PORTED
CARBOY CAP FOR 6.5 GAL 1 @ 1.47
UNIVERSAL CARBOY CAP 1 @ 1.39
(Fits 3-5 & 6 Gal)
IRISH MOSS 1 OZ 5 @ 0.85
GYPSUM 2 oz 1 @ 0.61

Shipping was 14 bucks! :rockin:

Have at it folks....

*side note: I'm fairly confident that this isn't violating HBT's TOS. If it is, mods, please promptly delete and let me know. Just thought I should share the good deals. Don't want to break any rules here just yet. ;)

just picked up a bunch. site looks legit whois matches the address listed on the site and it was registered in 2005. Also shopping cart is run through yahoo stores. i was a bit skeptical due to how low their "regular" prices are to being with.

shipping is high but thats to be expected from a small outfit. my orders still under morebeer even with free shipping. just have to buy enough to make it worth it.

That shipping disclaimer is not very cool. Technically they could jack the shipping cost 74% and just push it through. Has anyone been charged yet for shipping and whatnot?

That shipping disclaimer is not very cool. Technically they could jack the shipping cost 74% and just push it through. Has anyone been charged yet for shipping and whatnot?

x2 6.5 GALLON FERMENTING BUCKET
BETTER BOTTLE 5 Gal PORTED
x2LID FOR 6.5 GALLON and FERMENTER
CARBOY CAP FOR 6.5 GAL
5/16' AUTO-SIPHON
x3 AIRLOCK
UNIVERSAL CARBOY BUNGDRILLED

$18 Shipping

Not too bad, IMO.

x2 6.5 GALLON FERMENTING BUCKET
BETTER BOTTLE 5 Gal PORTED
x2LID FOR 6.5 GALLON and FERMENTER
CARBOY CAP FOR 6.5 GAL
5/16' AUTO-SIPHON
x3 AIRLOCK
UNIVERSAL CARBOY BUNGDRILLED

$18 Shipping

Not too bad, IMO.

Is that the actual price you were charged? They have a disclaimer that says the shipping is an estimate and could go up or down. Kinda interesting since almost every other store online says what shipping is, and that is what you pay. I could be paranoid though... :drunk:

The DME was so discounted I was going to stock up w/ 15lbs, but after the shipping, it ended up being only $1.50 or so less than my LHBS. I put together a huge $80 or so order....without shipping it was much, much cheaper than the LHBS...with, it was only $20 cheaper, which is good, but I don't know when I'll use all the stuff I ordered, and it would probably take me at least a year. I'd rather spend the extra $20 and buy local and get fresher stuff.

Some of the reason it seems outrageously expensive to ship is because they apparently are charging a handling fee. I say this because shipping on 4oz of oak chips = $9.50 or so.

Thanks for the heads up. I put together an order on this site and an order on my normal supply site for comparison and I ended up saving nearly $24. It was $80.24 with my normal supplier and $56.32 with these guys ($15 for shipping). I got a few things I've been wanting and saving $24 justified me spending the money. Now I've got a couple extra better bottles and can really increase my production rate and that makes patience easier to come by.

Sad they are going out of business, I like that you buy grain by the ounce. May need to put together my upcoming recipes now...

You can do this at a couple of online vendors. I've done it w/ AHS.

I'm putting together my order right now- gotta keep adding to my cornie count!

Shipping on grain turned out to be cost prohibitive for me as all I need is some bulk base grain. Interesting how they don't have any hops listed, not that I need any.

Ended up with $100 of odds and ends (chemicals and such) with shipping being 25% of the total. Too bad they are sold out disconnects. I need to get some Ball lock MFL's and have been holding off (since I steadily have pin locks in rotation).

Also picked up a kit. Been a long time since I did an extract. Will be a refreshing change I think spending 2 hours brewing instead of 6 or 8.

Is that the actual price you were charged? They have a disclaimer that says the shipping is an estimate and could go up or down. Kinda interesting since almost every other store online says what shipping is, and that is what you pay. I could be paranoid though... :drunk:

That's what they charged my credit card.

That's what they charged my credit card.

Oh, NICE! I have been meaning to get a better bottle, and it came up as $36 for the bottle, airlock, cap and handle, with shipping! I just was worried of them jacking the price of shipping in the end to make some extra cash. That disclaimer was kinda sketchy. Thanks!

Wow! Thanks for posting this. Just picked up two 6 gal better bottles, some carboy caps, 32 oz. of Star San, and some PBW. $14.95 shipping.

Picked up some wine & cheese stuff, time for a new hobby or 2!

Got charged $27 S&H on a $80 order, but that was made up on the floor corker alone.

My wife will kill me for this, obviously.

+1

also what was shipping on them?

I just ordered two of these cornies for myself. I haven't received the actually charge yet but the calculated shipping was reasonable.

Estimated:
2 CORNELIUS KEG
- 5 GALLON $33.42
Subtotal: $33.42
Shipping: $22.39*
Tax: $0.00
Total: $55.81

Now, lets add in a 75% increase on that shipping cost and we get a total of...

22.39 X 75% = 16.79
add that to previous shipping
16.79 + 22.39 = 39.18
Now our total...
39.18 + 33.42 = 72.60

Find two cornies online for a cheaper price. (or don't, because if you can, I'm going to be pissed! haha!) I still feel it's a good deal.

Thanks for the heads up. 4 more cornies and another Better Bottle for $100 is a pretty good deal IMHO.

Thanks for the Post, just ordered two cornies at a total of 33.42 + 14.42 for shipping. Definately worth the price and I having them delivered to my work so SWMBO doesn't know... Oh yeah :rockin:

I just ordered two of these cornies for myself. I haven't received the actually charge yet but the calculated shipping was reasonable.

Estimated:
2 CORNELIUS KEG
- 5 GALLON $33.42
Subtotal: $33.42
Shipping: $22.39*
Tax: $0.00
Total: $55.81

Now, lets add in a 75% increase on that shipping cost and we get a total of...

22.39 X 75% = 16.79
add that to previous shipping
16.79 + 22.39 = 39.18
Now our total...
39.18 + 33.42 = 72.60

Find two cornies online for a cheaper price. (or don't, because if you can, I'm going to be pissed! haha!) I still feel it's a good deal.
I agree but ball or pin?

Thanks for the Post, just ordered two cornies at a total of 33.42 + 14.42 for shipping. Definately worth the price and I having them delivered to my work so SWMBO doesn't know... Oh yeah :rockin:

Me too!!! Finally on my way to kegging!!! :mug:

Back