good beer near Rockerfella Center?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomRep

Reaction score
On a bus now heading to NYC for the Christmas show. Any good beer within walking distance?

Sent from my DROIDX using Home Brew Talk

Pony Bar, yup. There is a Heartland Brewery (so-so chain joint) on 6th Ave. at 51st and The Ginger Man isn't too drastically far, on E36th between 5th and Madison.

Nice, nice, thanks for the help guys! Guess i should have mentioned, any of these places have food and a family atmosphere? With the family on this one.
Tom

Sent from my DROIDX using Home Brew Talk

The only one that's truly family atmosphere is Heartland. Pony Bar is strictly a bar with food service. No table service. Ginger Man is really a beer snob joint, kind of yuppy-like but with food. Not really a good place for kids.

If with kids, go to Heartland. There's a few in that area. My favorite is slightly further from Rock Center though, on 43 & 7 right off B'Way. It's themed more towards being a burger joint and would be perfect for your family.

Virgils has a decent selection of beer, in Times Square. good BBQ too. It's a restaurant in Times Square, so certainly family friendly.

Latest posts

Back