Good Baseball Joke

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon

Reaction score
A Detroit Tigers scout flies to Baghdad to watch a young Iraqi play baseball and is suitably impressed and arranges for him to come over to the States.

He puts in his time in the minors, and after a couple of years is brought up to the bigs. Two weeks later the Tigers are in a close game with the Indians. The manager gives the young Iraqi reliever the nod and on he goes.

The kid is a sensation, he strikes out everyone he faces for the rest of the game and wins it for the Tigers! The fans are delighted, the players and coaches are delighted and the media loves the new star.

When the player comes off the field he phones his mom to tell her about his first day in the Majors.

"Hello mum, guess what?" he says in an Iraqi accent. "I played for three innings today, I was called from the bullpen with the bases loaded but I struck out ever yone I faced , and we won. Everybody loves me, the fans, the media, they all love me."

"Wonderful," says his mom, "Let me tell you about my day. Your father got shot in the street and robbed, your sister and I were ambushed, gang raped and beaten and your brother has joined a gang of looters, and all while you were having such a great time"

The young lad is very upset, "What can I say mum, but I'm so sorry."

"Sorry?!!! Sorry?!!!" says his mom, "It's your damn fault we moved to Detroit in the first place!"

Thank God! I just posted another thread about nameing threads properly. If this was a bad baseball joke and I named the thread Good baseball joke.....well that would just be emberrasing!

I got that in an email the other day, only it was converted to hockey and the Red Wings....Funny either way though.

Back