Going to look at Kegerator tonight....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nucmed24

Reaction score
I found a guy selling a Kegerator at our local bar for $100 that I'm going to look at tonight. It is a mini-fridge/tower type, with a stainless steel top and tower. The guy didn't know a lot about it except that it works, and is in "pretty good shape". He also said it did not come with a regulator or tank, and fits 2 corny kegs and he isn't sure if it fits a 1/2 barrel commercial keg.

My question is..... what else do I need to look for when looking at it? I'll make sure the fridge works (brand name is Beaver Ridge?) but is there anything connected to the tower that only fits a certain style tower? Or are most the parts interchangable? I haven't really seen the inner workings of a kegerator up close, so I want to make sure when I get it home I can work with it. But it seems like a pretty good deal, so we'll see. Thanks so much for any info.

Ask him to leave it turned on to the coldest setting, preferrable with a cup of water sitting in it. That way you can take a reading of the water when u get there. If he mention cornies, then its possible it already has the corny quick disconnects already coming from the tower. Does it have 2 faucets. Look at some faucets on line so you know the diff between perlick and cheapos. Perlicks run about 38 a piece. Either way it looks like a good deal

It only has one faucet. I will research the types, thanks. And I will call him regarding the cup of water this morning. Good suggestion.

instead of water, tell him to put a beer in there, nothing like tasting wut its gonna be used for right?:mug:

Even better!! =) BTW.... if the faucet is some cheapo type, can I change it to a perlick? Or do perlick's only go with certain types of towers?

Well.... I ended up buying the kegerator for 75 bucks. This is it. It definitely needs some cleaning, and I will prob paint the fridge black, but the stainless steel top looks sweet, and it works like a charm, however a bit loud. It is a "Beverage-Air" kegerator for what its worth. Never heard of it but it seems nice, just old.
0204091739b.jpg

0204091739.jpg

Great buy! I really hope the compressor settles down (might be loud/cycling due to jostling during the move). Some appliance spray paint for the bottom- SWEET kegerator!

Can you fit two cornies in there? Just curious...

I hope you are right about the compressor settling down. I had the perfect spot for a kegerator in my computer room, however it was loud enough in the garage that I'll probably have to keep it in the garage now to keep SWMBO happy.

That is exactly the plan.... appliance paint (black). I think I can fit 2 cornies in there.... but I don't have any kegs yet. But I measured it, and it is 29.5 inches high, 20 inches wide, and 16 inches deep. Does anyone know if that will work? I am reading that there are two diff sizes of cornies (1/6 and 1/4).

was it loud yesterday when you went to look at it. When you are transporting fridges, especially if turned on its side, you are supposed to wait about 24hrs before starting. It let the oil and refrigerant settle back to where it should be.

I didn't notice that it was too noisy when looking at it, but it was pretty noisy where it was (in a shop with workers around) but I have it turned off now so I can clean it up and paint it so I will see what it sounds like then. I am super excited! :ban:

Thanks for all the help guys!

Back