Go Ferm in yeast propogation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hocktim

Reaction score
I was wondering about using go ferm protect evolution in a yeast starter/propogation. The yeast that I plan on using are several kveik strains and they are on about 2-4 generations. I am pitching them into hard seltzers which will be a harsh environment, which is why I was thinking to use the go ferm for the sterols, and the micronutrients. I do plan on using fermaid o after pitch.

I had similar thoughts, but for a different application. My understanding is that doing a viability starter on a stir plate for a few hours prior to pitching helps the yeast cells rapidly store essential nutrients needing for the growth phase. The product literature indicates that it helps build lipids and EFAs by adding to rehydration water for dry yeast. I find this confusing because I thought one of the greatest advantages to dry yeast is that they were dried already containing optimal levels of these.

My thought is that GoFerm Protect Evolution could optimize that viability starter.

Back