Glassware white whales

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have a pic of this Expedition Stout glass?
Gpt9z80.jpg

What's the story with the Expedition glass? Date released, etc.

On and bigtime ISO in case that wasn't obvious but I doubt I have the ammo to land it.

Not sure on the exact dates it was available but guessing early to mid 2000's. I remember seeing it on the Bell's website way back in the day and not pulling the trigger :( Lucked into a set of them on ebay 5/7 years ago. It's the 1 glass in my collection that I don't think I'll ever trade.

Never saw one traded and only saw one included in a glass BIF a year or two ago.

I am not even in to collecting glassware, but I want that Wavy Hitachino glass so damned bad. My friend is teaching English in Japan, and I told him that if he ever saw it, to acquire it through any means necessary. Where did that glass even come from?

is the bell's glass on the far right very rare? What would it take to acquire one?

It's an older Bell's glass (think it was released around 2006 or 2007). Pretty sure it was the one that came out after the Expediton glass. I'm not sure on the rarity but being pretty old I would think it would take a somewhat limited/older glass to acquire one.

Hah, just realized I posted this in the wrong thread, meant to go in the properglassware thread. That's what I get posting from mobile while drinking I suppose.

I guess this is a glass "whale" in a literal sense. More grey/silver than white though...

Back