Glassware white whales

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
575.jpg

Crooked Stave Cellar Reserve 2012 Wine Glass - Pretty limited (anybody have any numbers on how many Reserve members there were?) and very fragile - I know a lot of people who broke theirs. I believe everybody got two of them?

Crooked Stave Cellar Reserve 2012 Wine Glass - Pretty limited (anybody have any numbers on how many Reserve members there were?) and very fragile - I know a lot of people who broke theirs. I believe everybody got two of them?

I don't know, I hear those are pretty easy to trade for ;)

But seriously I believe the count the first year was ~300 members, 2x each. It was a custom order so there were absolutely no extras. I know several people that have broken both of theirs :(

share your blend recipe please and how this turned out, i'd like to do something similar.

do you compunction at all bro?
Bro, do you even pluot?
I think it was just about right as 2:2:1 :: T:S:B with a pluot muddle. (Even 3:3:1 would probably be recommendable).
But obviously you can tweek it to your liking.

Last edited:
I don't think there is a definitive list of wales, but if anyone could figure it out, it'd probably be this group. It's probably safe to say the holy trinity of glasswales is the Iris, original KBS and [arguably] the Hitachino wavy. The orange Cantillon and the z-stem Fantome I don't really value highly, since they're not legit (well, I guess the Cantillon is in a way), but people still desire them, so it's fair to include them. If I had to break it down into tiers, I'd probably say something like (remembering this is just my opinion, and not definitive)...

Tier 1 (significant ammo needed to acquire)
(in order)

Cantillon Iris ballon (original)
Founders KBS goblet (original)
Cantillon orange ballon (misprint)
Hitachino Nest wavy tumbler
Fantome z-stem tulip (bootleg (not the ghetto MSPaint one))

Tier 2 (not many made/currently available, but probably still obtainable with luck/ammo/money)
Cantillion 80s glassware, excluding the gueuze tumblers (mug, script stems, "peeing statue")
Cigar City vintage wine glass
Courage IRS goblet (original) (hmm...maybe a tier 1 right there?)
Dogfish Head vintage (Immort, Raison, logo wine glass)
Mikkeller teku
Pretty Things Our Finest Regards wine tulip (both versions? lim. ~60-75)
Russian River vintage (-tions, Damnation/s, older tulip)
Surly '06 Darkness goblet

Tier 3 (relatively hard to land)
Boulevard Smokestack chalice(s)
Cantillon 00's ballon and tulip
Founders CBS oversized snifter
Hitachino Nest ceramic glass
Southampton oversized snifter
Stillwater wine glass
Terrapin oversized snifter
Tired Hands Believer's Club oversized wine glass (lim. ~75-100)
Voodoo Barrel Room oversized snifter (original, lim. ~50)

Tier 4 (borderline, perhaps jumping the gun, yet to be determined)
Cantillon Iris ballon (new)
Cascade mini-chalice
Hill Farmstead tasters
Prairie "Smoking Catfish" stem glass
Toppling Goliath KBBS release / black logo bell tulip

I could just be talking out my ass on all this, but that seems to be my list of walexorz.

Last edited:
I don't think there is a definitive list of wales, but if anyone could figure it out, it'd probably be this group. It's probably safe to say the holy trinity of glasswales is the Iris, original KBS and [arguably] the Hitachino wavy. The orange Cantillon and the z-stem Fantome I don't really value highly, since they're not legit (well, I guess the Cantillon is in a way), but people still desire them, so it's fair to include them. If I had to break it down into tiers, I'd probably say something like (remembering this is just my opinion, and not definitive)...

Tier 1 (significant ammo needed to acquire)
(in order)

Cantillon Iris ballon (original)
Founders KBS goblet (original)
Cantillon orange ballon (misprint)
Hitachino Nest wavy tumbler
Fantome z-stem tulip (bootleg (not the ghetto MSPaint one))

Tier 2 (not many made/currently available, but probably still obtainable with luck/ammo/money)
Cantillion 80s glassware, excluding the gueuze tumblers (mug, script stems, "peeing statue")
Cigar City vintage wine glass
Courage IRS goblet (original) (hmm...maybe a tier 1 right there?)
Dogfish Head vintage (Immort, Raison, logo wine glass)
Mikkeller teku
Pretty Things Our Finest Regards wine tulip (both versions? lim. ~60-75)
Russian River vintage (-tions, Damnation/s, older tulip)
Surly '06 Darkness goblet

Tier 3 (relatively hard to land)
Boulevard Smokestack chalice(s)
Founders CBS oversized snifter
Hitachino Nest ceramic glass
Southampton oversized snifter
Stillwater wine glass
Terrapin oversized snifter
Tired Hands Believer's Club oversized wine glass (lim. ~75-100)
Voodoo Barrel Room oversized snifter (original, lim. ~50)

Tier 4 (borderline, perhaps jumping the gun, yet to be determined)
Cantillon Iris ballon (new)
Cascade mini-chalice
Hill Farmstead tasters
Prairie "Smoking Catfish" stem glass
Toppling Goliath KBBS release / black logo bell tulip
What is the Cigar City vintage wine glass?

i would not say the new balloon iris is a tier 4, very very very few will have one, aside from that fluke hour it was on sale, it was stupid rare. i'd say tier 2.

What about the Deep Ellum Dream Crusher glass ?
And the Left Hand I Woke Up Dead ?
Pretty sure the SN Bigfoot glass qualifies also...
All rare and or low production

I left the new Iris "yet to be determined" because I wasn't sure how many were made or if they're making any more.

There are a few I missed, like the ones WW said, and probably the Abraxas snifter.

Im thinking about trading my KBS glass but I havent seen one traded recently and really dont know what is fair. Anyone see any recent deals - for beer not for glass.

Also - Not to be that guy, but the hitachino ceramic glass isnt real tough to find and can be ordered online to the states.

Anyone have pics of all the KBS glasses? Would love to see the evolution of them; I only have the one that was for sale recently.

Back