Glassware / Barware

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thenick18

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm really getting into the hobby, and I would love to show off the fruit of my labor in some fine glassware. So I ask this, where have you purchased your glasses from and have been satisfied? I'm looking for good quality at a good price (a good value). I'd also prefer the glasses be etched, and I'm partial to the English Tulip style or Irish Stout pub glass, something along those lines. Thanks for the input and help.

If you can keg (and can serve in vessels greater than 16oz) I really prefer a pint served in a Willi Belcher pint glass. A proper beer glass improves the presentation in all aspects, including volume. An imperial standard pint is 16.9 ounces, and what could be better than that? The contoured glass provides all the aroma enhancement I require.

I picked up some of the glasses from Sam Adams (for the laser etching) in both 16oz and 22oz sizes. I also got some from ThinkGeek, American HomeBrewers Association store (had to get one with my membership :D), some from KegWorks, and even some from BB&B. I would say, that unless you want something with a specific logo on it, go with either Amazon, KegWorks or BB&B. Just be sure to check same item pricing between them. There are some other sources of glasses, depending on how many you're looking to get. I'm not looking to get a case, so some of the places that sell them that way are out for me.

I like truebeer.com. the glass is nice and thick and they have a wide variety of styles.

I bought a few glasses when I was in college. I just picked them up on the cheap at wal-mart and a dollar store. I haven't bought beer glasses in probably ten years but I have an extensive collection from going to brewery tours and pint nights where you buy the beer, keep the glass. The china cabinet next to me has 51 glasses and then there's probably another thirty in the kitchen in addition to the cheap stuff I bought early on, wine glasses, margarita glases, shot glasses, etc.

I know a lot of people unload those glasses on craigslist and ebay, so that might be a good place to look for cheap glassware.

I have a set of Ravenhead dimpled "Pint Pot" mugs that I got about 25 years ago and they have served me well over the years.

I also have a variety of Tulip shaped pub glasses in different sizes from different breweries that have been collected over the years.

The Ravenhead mugs will last a lifetime and look great with a pint in them.

bosco

I like picking up glasses at thrift stores. THat way I get a lot of unique glasses, since I don't need 4-8 of each shape of glass. I have 2 Stella chalices, nonicks, standard pints, tulips, snifters, etc. Just keep your eyes out, and you can find some good stuff for nothing!

We're in the process of replacing all our glassware with glasses from the breweries we visit. Unfortunately most only sell shaker pints, but anytime we see imperial pints or tulips we get them.

When I was first getting into beer I bought a couple of sets of nonic glasses at TJ Max; they're a pretty good all around glass. I've bought quite a few at breweries and pubs I've visited. Just got some "Belgian" glasses at Pier 1; nice shape but they seem a little thin. World Market tends to carry basic branded pint glasses. they also have brandy snifters which are great for a lot of big beers.

I like picking up glasses at thrift stores. THat way I get a lot of unique glasses, since I don't need 4-8 of each shape of glass. I have 2 Stella chalices, nonicks, standard pints, tulips, snifters, etc. Just keep your eyes out, and you can find some good stuff for nothing!

Yep. Last time I was at Goodwill I picked up a pair of Duvel tulips for a grand total of $2.

Believe it or not, Ikea has a pretty good selection of various pint glass styles. They tend to be on the big side (22oz or so), but they're pretty good...

If you live close to a William Sonoma Outlet they're having 40% off all bar and wine glassware until Nov 4th. Their prices are good at the outlet. Probably half the price of what you see on their online website or retail store.

Crate and Barrel if you are in the US. They have just about every glass for every style including British Pints with the stamp. Prices are good too.

Latest posts

Back