Give me the reassuring thumbs up!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedneckBrewer

Reaction score
Well, our first batch has been in the primary for a week now, so I took our first gravity read tonight, came in at 1.013.

Here's a pic of the brew:
043819a6.jpg

Does everything look normal to you guys? It smells like beer so that has to count for something!

Thanks in advance y'all

Look good. Looks like beer, you mention that it smells like beer, almost there..... taste..... Good luck man.... on the right tract. Let it ferment a little more and you will be pleased!!! :)

Oh my god, you took the lid off! It already has infections growing! Ahhhhgggh!

Kidding, it looks fine.

HA! To be honest I didn't know what to expect when I opened it up after reading the infection thread...:D
Look good. Looks like beer, you mention that it smells like beer, almost there..... taste..... Good luck man.... on the right tract. Let it ferment a little more and you will be pleased!!! :)

Good the hear. How would you get a taste? Sanitize a glass and take a dip? :D
I'm going to take another reading in 3 days to see if it's done.

If you have a siphon, use that, I use a sanitized turkey baster. The dip and drink - it works in a pich, sanitize a measuring cup. Baster or thief are the primary. DON'T be disapointed at the taste however, it isn't carped, it isn't aged, it AIN'T ready; but it is good to sample the process to learn....

Thanks for assurance guys. This place rocks.
Revvy - I want you to know that because of your threads, I actually taught one of the guys at the LHBS that the airlock was NOT the way to tell that it was done.:D he seemed shocked that a "newb" would know all this terminology and the intricate process of fermentation. He did get a chuckle when I used the term "yeasties"....

Thanks again fellas, I look forward to hangin out here for a long time.

Don't say "yeasties". Say "Yeast" or "Cells" or "US-05"

"Yeasties" is like "Veggies". Just say vegetable, or say "Squash" or "Lettuce" or whatever vegetable you are actually talking about.

Not everyone is five years old. We don't need cute names for gross things. Don't say "poopie". Say "Turd".

Your beer looks good. Are you a buffs fan by chance?

"Yeasties" is like "Veggies". Just say vegetable, or say "Squash" or "Lettuce" or whatever vegetable you are actually talking about.

Not everyone is five years old. We don't need cute names for gross things. Don't say "poopie". Say "Turd".

Get over it.....He can call them whatever the hell he wants to. It's not because they are "gross" just the opposite, they are our yeastie beastie friends, who pee alcohol and fart co2...or is it WIZ alcohol and cut the cheez co2?)

neener.gif

Besides they are damn cuuute!

This is a portrait by one of our member's wives...
YeastiesAretha_Hats.jpg

They even make great plushies...

bacteria-yeast.jpg

With that attitude you don't deserve to have me as your sig....:rolleyes:

:D

When I first read Revvy callin 'em "yeasties" I truly laughed out loud, it was and is hilarious. It's all good, I don't think they're gross, I'm a diehard bowhunter so very little grosses me out. :D

As for the Buffs, I did get a bachelors from University of Colorado, but not a buffs fan. I did some time at Ok State, so the pokes are my team.

I've got no problems with yeasties, veggies or poopie. Though I did have to laugh when I read that last one. :mug: But alas, I often don't act my age, so I'll use pretty much any word that fits the moment. :D

Back