Gilmour Quick Disconnects

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeBrewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was trolling Lowes for random things and when thinking through the parts I would need to convert my kegs to keggles I decided to check out QDs. After perusing the plumbing isle I decided to check out the lawn stuff. I found these disconnects made by gilmour and thought they might fit the bill. I searched the forum and did not find anything. Considering I can get a set for $7 and get extra males for $2, it seems like a cheap solution if they will work. I am still a newb and a ways away from AG but I am trying to spread the expense out over time and buying bits here and there. Thought, ideas, concerns? Cheers!

http://www.amazon.com/Gilmour-Brass-Connector-Set-09QC/dp/B0008IT0GE
219slWfY1ZL._SS500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a whole bunch of them, and love them. I have qd's for anything and everything that is garden hose connected.

I do not use them for my wort. For those I use the brass qd's from mcmaster carr.

What were you thinking of using them for?

I have been trying to plan out my AG system and I keep wanting to go with Stainless but when you factor in every piece it gets $$$ so I decided to see what the cheapest viable solution could be. I am not set on anything at this point. Just thought I would throw it out there and see if anyone knew about them.

That's cheap for a qd, but you would need to have a hose thread on on both sides of whatever you wanted to qd. That would add to the cost.

For ~$10 a set, you can get SS Camlocks from Pro Flow Dynamics. Pro Flow Dynamics

I plan to install a Type F male end to the HLT/MLT/BK/CFC, and then a hose from each side of the march pump with a Type C female end. In all it's about $28 + shipping for the parts to do my whole setup. Not bad for all SS QD's.

Those QD's are good for basic hose applications, but I gotta agree....the camlocks are nice. They loosen up with time and make for a really nice leak free QD.

Back