Gfci spa panel for 3 prong dryer outlet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aday8310

Reaction score
I have a three prong dryer outlet for a 30 amp circuit I want to connect to a boil kettle element, and this seems to be a solved issue in the past by user PJ, however all of the pictures are missing in these threads.
Can anyone help me find an appropriate wiring schematic for a spa panel to the three prong dryer outlet?
Thanks!

I have a three prong dryer outlet for a 30 amp circuit I want to connect to a boil kettle element, and this seems to be a solved issue in the past by user PJ, however all of the pictures are missing in these threads.
Can anyone help me find an appropriate wiring schematic for a spa panel to the three prong dryer outlet?
Thanks!
What are you using to control the power to the element? Are you also trying to power 120V loads from the same outlet?

If you aren't also trying to power 120V loads from the same feed, then the spa panel wiring is fairly straight forward, and code compliant. If you are trying to also power 120V loads, then you need a four slot outlet.

Brew on :mug:

What are you using to control the power to the element? Are you also trying to power 120V loads from the same outlet?

If you aren't also trying to power 120V loads from the same feed, then the spa panel wiring is fairly straight forward, and code compliant. If you are trying to also power 120V loads, then you need a four slot outlet.

No 120V loads, just a simple controller (still dragon boil controller StackPath) going to an element in the boil kettle.

I have another dedicated circuit that is already gfci protected for everything else.

do you have a diagram of the circuit?

cheers

Would this be the one?

Attachments

• 226B4580-A0C8-445F-827F-CDFB6D8E5ED6.png
    226B4580-A0C8-445F-827F-CDFB6D8E5ED6.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 50
Back