Getting glasses "Beer Glass" clean

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KartRacer54

Reaction score
I have many older beer glasses that have the normal accumulation of surface crud that I cannot remove. Anyone have a procedure to get old glasses Beer Glass Clean ?
Thanks in advance!

Just to be clear, you're not talking about surface abrasions that can look like a dirty glass, right? Because you won't be able to scrub that out.

Otherwise, try CLR. The stuff is nasty. It will hurt your hands and burn your lungs... But there's not much it can't clean.

Thanks all, I will give these a try. Have used hi temp in dishwasher and sanitize stating but not any better. No not the scratched glasses, just trying to get the glad so it does not kill the head.

The most effective thing I've found is table salt!

Just moisten the glass, and sprinkle some salt in it. Using your hand, "scrub" it like you're using scouring powder all over the inside and up over the rim. You'll have to do the outside, too, if the glasses have been in the dishwasher. Then rinse with clean water, and it should get it bar clean.

If you're looking for citric acid locally try a bulk food store, they often stock it

Back