Getting back into brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a wheat beer to begin with. I haven't figured out the recipe yet, but I'll have something before I brew.

Welcome back. Just recently I was able to get back into all grain brewing which I was unable to do living in an apartment the past 2+ years.. Man, its so easy to get addicted again.. haha

In fact- check out my signature Ive done 5 batches within about a month:rock:

I was going crazy doing small extract batches (and even no boil brews) for 2 years with all of my all grain equipment just collecting dust. Now in a new home I have all my equipment back and got some new equipment like grain mill and doing some upgrades as well

Great to hear! I have only done 2 extract batches about 5 years ago. My brother and I are getting ready to start 10 gallon batches of biab soon. Excited to do my first all grain beer!

Welcome back! Was 20 years off for me and got back into about 9 months and 15 batches ago. Had a very primitive/cheap/mostly DIY "3 tier system" back then. Then did BIAB when I started all over. Cool thing is - I used some of my old recipes and worked great.
Here's me 25 years younger with my "3 tier system." :)
F6DD5C2C-AA89-42D0-AD5C-2AE88FC3540A.jpeg

lite weight, lol
Is this getting back to the Gym Brewery thing? ;) You know, I have to lift all that water up to the BK/HLT/Mash Tun - whatever we call it in BIAB. Then hoist all that spent grain and water, then carry the wort inside to the fermenter. Then carry the kegged beer back out to the garage/gym/place where refrigerator lives. And THEN, I have to lift the beer to my mouth - approximately 1 pound at a time!

Back