First BIAB batch came out great!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrondaleBrewing

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I tapped my first BIAB batch ever (an amber ale) and my first all-grain batch in about 20 years last night, and I'm darn pleased with the outcome. Really excited to be back in the game!

I learned a ton from so many posts on Homebrew Talk so thank you to everyone for creating such a fantastic community around this obsession.

Cheers!

Attachments

• PXL_20230725_233210541.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20230725_233210541.PORTRAIT.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20230725_233429487.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20230725_233429487.PORTRAIT.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20230725_234433255.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20230725_234433255.PORTRAIT.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
Congrats. I have shared my brews with friends and family and they have all enjoyed them and said they were very good. Even went back for seconds. LOL. I am my own worst critic and I have to admit that I am pleased with every one that I have brewed so far. Still learning with the help of the great folks here. Rock On!!!!!!!

Congrats. I have shared my brews with friends and family and they have all enjoyed them and said they were very good. Even went back for seconds. LOL. I am my own worst critic and I have to admit that I am pleased with every one that I have brewed so far. Still learning with the help of the great folks here. Rock On!!!!!!!
Thanks! I need to dial in my carbonation game but I'll get there. :)

Is that a 220v outlet for a high wattage induction or electric hotplate in the background?

Learning doesn't really stop. There are too many different ways to do it right. Sometimes it seems like there are fewer wrong ways to go about brewing.

Glad you had good results!

Is that a 220v outlet for a high wattage induction or electric hotplate in the background?

Learning doesn't really stop. There are too many different ways to do it right. Sometimes it seems like there are fewer wrong ways to go about brewing.

Glad you had good results!
Yep! I have a 220V induction burner that I've been using, also wanted to future-proof for an all-in-one should I go that route. That 220 burner for one-gallon batches makes things go quick!

All in one electric kettle is the way to go (for me at least). It’s basically BIAB and saves a lot of space and equipment. But, the standard five gallon batch is a lot of beer if you’re not sharing with anyone...

All in one electric kettle is the way to go (for me at least). It’s basically BIAB and saves a lot of space and equipment. But, the standard five gallon batch is a lot of beer if you’re not sharing with anyone...
Next batch I'm going to give my Gigawort its maiden voyage. :)

I respectfully disagree. I make routinely, 5 gallon batches and aint nobody getting any of it. LOL. I jest, but I do make 5 gallon batches and usually that will last me about a month or so. I bit less if I like it a lot. LOL

I respectfully disagree. I make routinely, 5 gallon batches and aint nobody getting any of it. LOL. I jest, but I do make 5 gallon batches and usually that will last me about a month or so. I bit less if I like it a lot. LOL
Getting through one batch is okay. With three kegs on tap, it takes me a while to finish any single batch completely, though. Sharing helps keep the throughput high, though

Agree, agree, and agree!!!

I got turned on to BIAB recently. After 10+ years of brewing & using the gravity method, I had to find something easier on my knees. Getting old sucks! Holy Smokes! 3 brews into this and it really rocks! Makes for a much easier brew day, easier clean up, and no heavy lifting!

Necessity is the mother of invention. For years I've been working much too hard.

Now I'm hooked.............................. I'm dreaming up new ways to make my day easier. I'm going to break my brew day in half. Day 1 is simply the set up, water, grind, & water chemistry. Just getting ready. You guys with a dedicated homebrew area are spoiled. Day 2 will be the mash, boil, ferment, & clean up.

Doing it all in 1 day can be a bummer. Clean up in the dark is no fun.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back