Get Your Russian River tonight in Cambridge MA!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BackBayBrewing

Reaction score
For those of you in Boston that hear such great things about Russian River Brewing and have wanted to get some but can't because it isn't available on the east coast, you're troubles are over.

Tonight, the peeps from RRB will be at Lord Hobos in Cambridge with a bunch of their beer. Also there tonight will be Sam Calgione from Dogfish Head and some Italian brewers I am not familiar with. Should be some pretty great beers to be had.

Great, just great. Now I'm gonn cry when I go home and know that this is going down and there is no way for me to get in on it.

:) Oh well, guess I'll just have to have a DH and RRB at home out of the beer locker.

Great, just great. Now I'm gonn cry when I go home and know that this is going down and there is no way for me to get in on it.

:) Oh well, guess I'll just have to have a DH and RRB at home out of the beer locker.

Oh come on, if you leave now and catch a direct flight, with the wind at your back, you can probably make it here for last call. (assuming that bellingham is bellingham, wa)

If it is RR, I'd imagine pliny the elder. It is something like 90% of their output these days.

I'd be more interested in the Italian beers.

Any Russian river is better than no Russian river. And I've never had Pliny so that's fine with me!

So, Consecration is awesome. Pliny is too.

+ 1,000,000

I was pretty pissed last night because at first I was stuck outside in line hoping to get in. I ended up bailing on the whole thing and going to Cambridge Brewing Company instead. But, when I was walking back to the subway I decided to stop by Lord Hobos again and check out the line. Turns out I was able to walk right in this time.

Pliny - I know a lot of the people on these boards live in places where this "beer flows like wine," but out here you can't get it and this was my virgin experience. What a great beer! Loved it. I was really expecting it to taste like eating whole hops, but it is surprisingly balanced.

Consecration - Amazing! This one was a surprise. I expected them just to bring Pliny the Elder so I was psyched to get to try out one of their Belgian style sours.

Back