German vs US Magnum Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one that says "German" comes from a large country in central Europe. The domestic one comes from your own country.

But seriously, Steve Dresler was talking about this on his recent Sunday Session appearance. He says in general the US hops (and specifically Magnum) tend to be fresher and handled a little better, but the crops vary by vintage.

But seriously, Steve Dresler was talking about this on his recent Sunday Session appearance. He says in general the US hops (and specifically Magnum) tend to be fresher and handled a little better, but the crops vary by vintage.

interesting, seems like people are always real skeptical about recommending US versions of continental hops (saaz, goldings, magnum), but i'm interested to hear this sunday session, because i always buy the american equivalents and they have always done me well.

Latest posts

Back