Geordie Scottish Export (KIT)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ingvaroo

Reaction score
Hey guys, i made scottish export kit, fermented for 11 days and then bottled.

Now, when i opened the fermentation bucket (Im not english!)
And as i usualy do right after is to take a smell from the bucket, and see if i have beer smell. Or alcohol smell.

This time it hit me in the face like a 10$ stipper yelling at her ex boyfriend for sleeping with her best friend. (Was so strong smell)

I've never made scottish export kit before so this might be normal.
Now, 1 day after bottling i open a bottle to test it, flat ofcourse.
(just to get a taste of the beer, see if its allright)

And it tasted kinda spicy, the aftertaste that is. The beer itself was allright and nothing special i noticed but the aftertaste.

Might post a pic in 2 days or so from another test beer.

So, is this all normal or am i turning into an infected zombie ?

13 days isnt a good time to judge your beer, it probably will be 99% differnt after a month or two. You may want to give it 2 weeks minimum also primary, my generall concensus is 3 weeks+ in primary then bottle from 3-8 more weeks.They just get better.

Yeah perhaps, this is just my "waiting" beer, i will start drinking it after about 10 days.

I have Coopers Real Ale that im making tomorrow and that one will be in the fermenter for a month and dry hopped and hopefully be very good. I just need beer in the meantime ! :)

Nice get a stash of bottles going if you want trying some new beer? Eazes the pain,man!

Haha i will, just have to get kegs. my GF has agreed that we buy 2 kegs (a kegorator pack with everything needed+2 kegs) before christmas, that will be fun !

Back