gelatin question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

normeller

Reaction score
I just kegged by first batch of Belgian Abby. It is pretty cloudy. i forced carb the keg. Should I open it up and add gelatin at this stage.?

After a week or so in the keggerator/fridge it should clear up. If it hasn't (and it bothers you) you can add gelatin. Do a search on how to prepare it. I than spray the crap outta the lid with star-san, vent the keg, open the lid, and quickly and gently add the gelatin to the keg. Reattach the lid, purge, vent, etc....After a day or so the beer should clear up. Since this is your first batch....I'd try the waiting game first.

You could, but time will do the same thing as stuff settles out. How much time will depend on some different things, OG, mash procedure, yeast strain, water chemistry and so on...

But there is gelatin for those of us who have little time, and even less patience.

You're not going to ruin your beer if that is what your asking. Well, so long as you are sanitary in the process.

Like the 2nd poster said, if it bothers you, do it.

Back