G'day from NZ

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClintNZ

Reaction score
Hi All, I'm Clint. My partner Rosie & I have just started all grain brewing after a couple of years of making extract kit brews. We are near Rotorua on New Zealand's North Island. I am a Mechanical engineer & Rosie is a Chemical & Process engineer. We have a fairly decent home workshop now so after deciding to make a BIAB setup & doing some research (lots of great info found on this forum!) it came together fairly easily, mostly made out of junk & scrap.

i-SZHQ83V-XL.jpg

We did our first brew a couple of days ago & it's sounding quite happy in the fermenter right now. Planning to get another brew done in the next few weeks before the weather starts to get too warm for the ferment.

I just ordered some gear to artificially carbonate & tap the 2L mini-kegs we have rather than the bottle conditioning we have been doing so far, so I'm about to do some research in the Bottling/Kegging section on the details of that. When we keg this current brew some of it will get a shot of CO2 & some will get dextrose, I'm really interested to compare the results.

Cheers
Clint

Back