Gas Fitting Leaking when on Corny?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pauljmccain

Reaction score
I found some very old threads sort of describing this issue but no answers. I just kegged my first beer (woo-hoo!), after filling up the keg with water during cleaning and checking for leaks. There were none.

I racked the beer in and went to put pressure in it. It holds pressure just fine, and there are no leaks from the gas fitting/CO2 when it's off the keg, but when I put the fitting on, it fills, but also has a small leak. If I hold the fitting just right the leak stops. I have two fittings hooked up to my gas and the other one does the same thing. No leaking when everything is separated, but a small leak when the gas is hooked up.

The o-rings are good and the posts are completely clean. Is this a problem with the fitting(s)? What's my next step to fix this? My brown ale is sitting under 10 psi and conditioning but I'd like to get it working soon so I can keep the fitting connected to the keg and start carbing. Thanks!

I had this very same problem a few weeks back when I put my first keg in my first kegerator. It was the fitting. I switched it out and have no problems.

Take the fitting apart and give all the parts a visual inspection. There's an o-ring for the cap that you should put a bit o keg lube on, and then the post has a little tiny o-ring that you should lube as well. Put it all back together and tighten the cap down firmly, and barring any manufacturing defects, you should be good to go.

Thanks guys, I'll try to fix it, and if that doesn't help, get new ones from somewhere else. Just really concerned me since both my gas fittings did the same thing.

Latest posts

Back