Garrison IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kai

Reaction score
Has anyone else tried the Garrison Imperial Pale Ale?

I'd say it's probably the best of the Canadian India Pale Ales I've tried. Certainly the best thing ever to come out of the previously-disappointing Garrison brewery. The guy who works at my LHBS has been trying to clone it - I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out. If it's good, I might try his recipe.

Any thoughts? It's exciting to see the Halifax microbreweries making these kinds of beers.

I had a bunch of this last night on tap at O'Carroll's. It was awesome. I couldn't believe it was the cheapest beer in the bar!!! Kinda good, but kinda sad at the same time. Stock up while you can 'cause they fired Greg Nash (the brewmaster who won Canadian Beer of the Year with this recipe) on St. Patrick's Day.

Apparently, the last batch of this beer is n the fermenter now. Whether it will be the last batch ever, hard to say.

Back