Garden hose water leaked from chiller into cooling wort. Suggestions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TkmLinus

Reaction score
I am in the process of cooling my wort and I noticed my immersion chiller was dripping hose water into the wort. My guess would be somewhere between a half cup and a quart of water got in. The wort was at 155 degrees or so when I caught it. The water is chlorinated. Will this impact my beer? Are there any precautionary measures to take or should I just cool and pitch as usual? It is a zombie dirt clone(APA) that will be dry hopped. Thanks in advance!

I'd say cool and pitch as planned. You can't get it out now.
I wouldn't fret too much. The chlorine will have dissipated by now and that small amount of water is likely near-zero impact.

As they say: "Relax, don't worry, Have a homebrew"

Let it ride! Should be fine.

Funny story - * now it's funny, but not when it happened * I was using a cooler filled with ice and rain water as a recirculating chiller, and I grabbed the pump by the hose, and the hose came off. Some of the water shot onto the garage ceiling and into the kettle. My brew buddy and I stared at each other in dismay. He instantly said it was ruined. We pitched anyway, and it turned out fine. At the time, it was the best beer we made. Go figure...

Latest posts

Back