Game of Thrones

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was really impressed with the 7th season, however I think that the upcoming book will be much better in case of plot... Sadly it's seen that without original series the show now isn't so good as it was during previours seasons :(
And why that dragon should be killed?! :(:(

I was really impressed with the 7th season, however I think that the upcoming book will be much better in case of plot... Sadly it's seen that without original series the show now isn't so good as it was during previours seasons :(

And why that dragon should be killed?! :(:(

Unfortunately one of the dragons was gonna die, almost no matter what. The direwolves started biting it(heheh get it?)within a couple hundred pages of appearing, the dragons have had a pretty good run.

(Also there's that pesky other novel by George RR Martin called The Ice Dragon, so pretty much everyone knew one of the dragons was gonna die and return as an ice-zombie-dragon the instant it was born)

To put some 'Beer Talk' into this thread, I brewed a West Coast IPA that I named Westeros IPA. I would drink it while watch GOT. Fittingly the keg tapped out on the last episode of season 7.

angry-elf.gif

of course it was April 1st, though she sold it so well I almost believed it. Go Maisie!

oh and hell yeah I'm stoked! usually i watch the episodes the next day, which i still may do because of the length but the last one or 2 i'm staying up for!

she sold it. Fallon blew it right out of the gate

of course it was April 1st, though she sold it so well I almost believed it. Go Maisie!

oh and hell yeah I'm stoked! usually i watch the episodes the next day, which i still may do because of the length but the last one or 2 i'm staying up for!

tenor.gif

Euron will be sitting on top of the Iron Throne after everything has been said & done - while the Great Battle is being fought, Euron will be literally chilling on the Iron Islands waiting for the **** to end. Euron FTW
Copy%20of%20DID2417407_GOT605_090115_HS_DSC_4681.jpg

Not sure about the paywall, or if you get a certain free # per month, but this article by the Washington Post illustrates every single death in Game of Thrones up to the current season, and it is awesome! This page showcases all the major deaths with tons of info down to all the minor ones. There goes my work day:

An illustrated guide to all 2,339 deaths in ‘Game of Thrones’

We can't probably watch at 8:00 due to kid's bedtimes. But I'm going to DVR it and watch 15 or 20 minutes later. I'm probably going to Tivo two recordings just in case something stupid happens ;)

yeah, we watch on HBO Go, so i'm worried about streaming issues.. i remember it was last year or the year before some of the episodes kept pixelating due to all of the demand i would imagine.. i'm sure the last episode will break many records for numbers of viewers.. i sure don't want to hear what happens the next day instead of seeing it "live"

I work on Sunday nights until 10pm in a warehouse so will be staying up super late after work to watch it. Must remember to let the boss know. "Um, I'm going to be late Monday." "Why?" "Ummmmmmm…." yeah that's not going to go over very well.

ARRRRGGGHHH....backstory. I don't watch much TV (except football, baseball, GOT, and History channel); Husband takes care of the bills, and apparently not long ago he changed our cable so WE DO NOT HAVE HBO OH NO THIS IS HORRIBLE. So he's at the cable shop right now looking to get an upgrade. Must be a long line (duh) cause he's been gone for almost 2 hours and I STILL DON'T HAVE HBO. Dunno what I'll do if he can't get them to upgrade us...

ARRRRGGGHHH....backstory. I don't watch much TV (except football, baseball, GOT, and History channel); Husband takes care of the bills, and apparently not long ago he changed our cable so WE DO NOT HAVE HBO OH NO THIS IS HORRIBLE. So he's at the cable shop right now looking to get an upgrade. Must be a long line (duh) cause he's been gone for almost 2 hours and I STILL DON'T HAVE HBO. Dunno what I'll do if he can't get them to upgrade us...
HBO Go. Stream it wherever you are.

I know, but I think you can't watch GOT until the next day? 1st world problems I know but we needed a new modem anyway (old one was glitchy) and we got HBO for only $10 more a month, and got rid of some channels we don't watch.

Just started binging season 7 again (2 years ago, jeez) so won't be out of the loop tomorrow night.

He went to a cable shop? Phone or internet not working?

He went to a cable shop? Phone or internet not working?
Neither. Cable up here is pretty much monopolized by Comcast, we've been with them forever. One of the tricks with them is to go in once a year or so and threaten to cancel; usually they'll offer a better deal than what you have. And the modem we had was getting wonky, it's a wi-fi model and could barely get signal out in the garage with the modem only 25 feet away. And we can't afford a new router right now (youngest cat thought it made a great warm bed and broke a couple of the antennae). Got a new modem, and it's better.

I've always threatened to leave over the phone. I wouldn't even know where a cable store would be
when we had cable, our "store" was in the same building in the same business park as Lost Rhino Brewing Company

The BigHair: took you 2 hours to pay the cable bill?

Me: no... that took 2 minutes. Took me the other hour & 58 minutes to down a couple pints of Faceplant IPA

Hulu airs the episodes as soon as HBO does you can watch it on Hulu if you take the HBO upgrade that's what I did

They set the table nicely. Nothing much happened, but I suspect that'll change soon! :cool:

that Qyburn guy is just creepy - I wouldn't be surprised if he has already enlisted to work for the Night King

THIS POST IS DARK AND FULL OF SPOILERS. Just had to warn y'all.

I liked that they had Samwell break the news to Jon (Aegon). We all know this means Daenerys is the bastard, right? And while Cersei & Jaime's infatuation with each other is gross, at least Daenerys and Jon are only half..that makes it right, right???

Was surprised nobody died last night though. From what I've heard, this season will be chock full o' deaths of well loved characters. And Cersei, that conniving b*tch, figured out a way to name her (maybe fake) unborn child as the offspring of Euron rather than Jaime.

People have stated their choices for who will sit on the Iron Throne...any guesses on who will die first? I think Sansa's going to go, Bran too, leaving Arya as the only surviving Stark. Just my two cents.

Back