Game of Thrones

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I thought last night's episode was really good, offered a lot and all in all was a great way to end the show. I got the feeling Arya was being set up for a spin off and I will 100% be on board if that is the case.

I have 2 gripes and 1 missed opportunity all revolving around Tyrion I though when he was walking to the Red Keep it would have been cool if he passed the Hound and the Mountain's bodies. My 2 gripes don't change my opinion but they were just so obvious the first was Jamie and Cersei that certainly looked like it should have been very easy to survive and just a few blocks took them out? I know it was all about the scene but maybe just have 1 large chuck of ceiling on them and let Tyrion see them that way it would have made more sense. The other thing that jumped out at me was when it became time to select a new ruler they compared the common folk to dogs but then say hey you there the guy who has made one horrible decision after the other and is guilty of treason and murdering is own father the woman he loved who would you pick to be king - It made me laugh.

Sansa Queen of the North, well she got the power she wanted and she got the North their freedom essentially but it seems it is up to her to carry on the name of House Stark. I thought it was a good was to close her story.

Bran the Broken as King I had thought this would be the outcome somehow a long time ago but I strayed from the theory and really thought it would have been Jon Snow. I like Bran as King for all the reason's Tyrion went through. I love how his first move as King was to immediately outsmart the enemy getting Jon Snow free knowing he would go north of the wall with people who accept him and to a place he will be happy and than confirming Tyrion is indeed the luckiest man in Westeros seriously how many times did he dodge death? Grey worm got nothing essentially, nicely done Bran.

It's sad to see the show go but it had to happen

And that small council, all-stars all around.

And I really had to have a chuckle when they showed Pod in his Kingsguard gear, clearly the king's designated "Wheelchair pusher".

Agreed on all the above, with the added touches I liked:

Edmure being told to sit the F down by Sansa when he was about to try and make his case for being king. Hilarious.

The fact that Sweet Robin came back for the council meeting in all his glory.

House Baratheon back in Storm's End.

Bronn finally getting what he wanted and now getting to be a soft lord like the rest. Great retirement.

Tyrion being Hand of the King in the end, man I really thought he was going to get 86ed.

Sad it's over but I think they wrapped it up right.

And fade out to Tormund and Jon Snow, legendary bro's heading into the now much less scary? North.

I was sad that there was no Lyanna Mormont for the Queen in the North chant, I think she really would have liked that moment.

I liked the ending mostly. It was a good ending for Sansa and Arya. Tyrion was really the star, Everything he said had a lot of meaning. The only thing I had serious questions about, is what happened to Jon after he killed Dany. They just fast forwarded, seemingly at least a month. I was thinking about how Jon would be able to get out of the city and not be killed by the unsullied or the Dothracki after killing their queen. They never showed how he came to be " arrested". Not sure I can see that happening after what he did. In the end, he got to do what I would like to do, move up north and retire.

I was hoping that drogon would light up Jon after he stabbed Dany. Only to find that he would not but . Then Jon hops on drogon and flys off into the sunset.

Am I the only one that is mad that the Greatest Assassin of Westeros decides to be Ponce de Leon? I won't lie but I did LOL when Sansa looked at Bran & said, 'Naw I pass, The North will be Independent'. I am shocked that everyone was cool with that outcome as well, especially Yara & the Iron Born. Also how come The Unsullied & The Dothraki didn't kill Jon Snow/Aegon Targaryen?
giphy.gif

Arya going west is perfect. She did not want to be an assassin, but an adventurer like the stories of Aegon's sisters she has talked about from the beginning. Now she has the skills to survive in the world.

It was keeping in character that Sansa said they will not bend the knee. You are right it did come off as humorous that she is now saying it to her brother, especially when minutes earlier she exclaimed to all these people "his cock doesn't work" (reworded). I thought it was silly for Bran, but looking around and thinking of characters left he kind of was the best choice. Politically Bran is not going to piss anyone off with the appointment and in theory his cold detachment and 3 eyed raven powers will make him a good leader. With no children they are not setting up a new line either

Yeah I was wondering how Jon was alive. Logically killing Jon would have ensured the destruction of all the unsullied and dothraki as everyone in the country would either take revenge for killing Jon, burning of KL, or just because they are foreigners. Dothraki would not fear death and Grey Worm showed no sign of not taking justice.

I would only say Grey Worm is a soldier, and a commander, but I don't know if he would just storm in and kill Jon. I can sort of see him having them take Jon to consult with the "political types" on what should be done. But to be fair we did see him stab a man who had laid down his weapon, it's a point well taken be like above then there would be some sort of further struggle and ain't nobody got time for that.

Back