Game of Thrones

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you asking for a joke? Or are you offering one?

Seriously, though, I have no idea. I just thought it would be cool to imagine what might happen if one of the dragons could do that. It would change the dynamics of the situation immensely.

I was asking if you were joking. Or hoping. ;)

But when the technicalities take over the stories, you might as well read the spoilers and commiserate with the guys at the pub.

But would it have been too much to ask for them to come up with a way for those guys to have to hide for a few days to give time for the help to arrive? Is that too hard?

I mean... It's a show about dragons and magic and stuff like that.

yeah i listen to a couple podcasts talking about everything, and there are way too many people who just need to CTFD about it. Its a fantasy/sci-fi genre.. nothing is going to be how it would be, and they are working on a shortened timetable than was originally planned.. nobody is going to stop watching now if they are vested

While the last one stretched the believability of the show (hey, even in fantasy shows there are general principles established to understand how the world works) I saw it as more of a nod to 80s action movies (Predator, Rambo, Uncommon Valor, etc.) so I enjoyed it.

Handful of thoughts:
1. Totally expected little finger to make it until the end of the show despite others stating he'd be a goner.
2. I stupidly bought Cersei's ploy - feel really dumb now.
3. I thought Jamie was f'ed in the scene with he, Cersei and the mountain. Hopefully he's the one to off her (https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/6dx676/spoilers_main_ive_been_working_on_a_theory_about/). Seems at least that he's honored there pledge made by Cersei (at a minimum) and may be changing sides. :valonqar:
4. Anybody catch the translation of dracarys from valyrian to white walker?:)
5. I wonder how Jon being named as Aegon will jive with the book's version having another named as Aegon.

‘Game Of Thrones’ Audience Disappointed By Season Finale’s Bland, Uninspired Incest
800.jpg

CHICAGO—Criticizing the show’s reluctance to explore new creative ground, Game Of Thrones fans reported being disappointed Sunday by the bland, uninspired incest in the HBO drama’s season finale. “You’d think this far into the show’s run they’d have found some new angles on incestuous relationships, but this was just more of the same, by-the-numbers intercourse between blood relatives we’ve seen before,” said local viewer Jaime Cohn, echoing the views of thousands of fans who complained about the series’ increasingly derivative depiction of sexual relations between siblings and other family members. “In the early seasons, it felt like the show’s creators weren’t afraid to take risks on fresh ideas like incest involving twins or even between multiple generations of the same family, but since then it hasn’t really progressed at all. By this point, they should be experimenting with things like group sex with identical quadruplets, but it’s pretty obvious that the writers are just on autopilot now.” Despite their disappointment with the episode’s lackluster incest, fans almost unanimously agreed that the show’s latest season had staked out bold new territory in terms of narrative implausibility.

http://www.theonion.com/article/game-thrones-audience-disappointed-season-finales--56773

Great episode... But now I owe Homercidal beer!

:mug:

I wasn't terribly upset that Littlefinger now has a second smile. But I did think he was one of the two who were going to make it to the end of the show as the main players (behind the scenes) of the Game of Thrones.

Just before the "court" scene I told my wife I think the sisters were working together. Still caught by surprise when Sansa implicated Baelish, but I was happy to see the look on his face when it happened. He really didn't believe she did that!

I watched the season finale again last night and I think Tyrion knows that Dany and Jon are related. Sort of missed that when I first watched it since I was half in the bag by that point and also trying not to barf while watching more incest on the show.

I watched the season finale again last night and I think Tyrion knows that Dany and Jon are related. Sort of missed that when I first watched it since I was half in the bag by that point and also trying not to barf while watching more incest on the show.

I don't really think he knows, although he has read a LOT of books back in the day. I think he's more concerned with the political ramifications than the incest. I mean, I'd think he would have either said something sooner, or wouldn't care.

Does anyone else wonder why he didn't look for a peekhole somewhere near that door?

Nobody??

Must just be me.

I don't really think he knows, although he has read a LOT of books back in the day. I think he's more concerned with the political ramifications than the incest. I mean, I'd think he would have either said something sooner, or wouldn't care.

Does anyone else wonder why he didn't look for a peekhole somewhere near that door?

Nobody??

Must just be me.

lol

I don't know, could be, but he probably hasn't said anything because then that means Dany isn't the legit heir to the throne and now there's more arguments. Maybe that's why he brought up the whole line of succession thing in a previous episode. We know that Samwell and Bran now know about the lineage but we don't know if anyone else knows. I'm betting Tyrion somehow has found out.

Or maybe not. Gonna be a long time to speculate.

Tyrion has a crush on Dany. He was super bummed in that scene. Dany also has yet to be betrayed for love, so Tyrion could have a hand in that.

However, Jon will have to kill Dany to become the prince that was promised. He'll drive his sword through her heart and pull out lightbringer. She will tell him to do it. And then he will defeat the night king. After drogon and the ice dragon have an epic aerial battle

My theory

I think tyriin seen it as a bad sign. So far love had killed people made them weak. Tyriin knows this amd see weakness in the 2 most powerful people being together. As dor dany dieing. No. Jon doesnt care bout being king he said it before.

Prince that was promised is the one who defeats the Others. Not the king of the 7. Ultimately, my theory, is that tyrion and Sansa become king and queen. Technically they're still married and fertile. Dany will die. Jon will rule the north. Sam will be warden of the south. Jamie the west. Robin the east.

We won't get into the dorne plot!!!!!

Prince that was promised is the one who defeats the Others. Not the king of the 7. Ultimately, my theory, is that tyrion and Sansa become king and queen. Technically they're still married and fertile. Dany will die. Jon will rule the north. Sam will be warden of the south. Jamie the west. Robin the east.

We won't get into the dorne plot!!!!!

Unless Sam is willing to get the old knife in the heart and a kiss from Beric/Mellisandre, he's still part of the Nights Watch so I doubt he would take a position like that.

After the night king is dead, there's no need for the watch or the wall

Would you release a bunch of thieves, rapists, and murderers from their vows keeping them exiled from society and protecting you from supernatural threats?

I'm pretty sure they made the mistake of letting the Nights Watch fall into obscurity because they thought the supernatural threat to the north was no longer real. I don't think any "southern" lord will let *any* Nights Watchmen to break their vows just because the Nights King is dead.

There's not many left to begin with after the great ranging, battle of castle black, and the night king and his dragon. That being said, their vows are to guard the realms of men... Well after the night king is dead, what are they guarding from? Free folk are south of the wall, white walkers are dead, what's the threat? I think most of these guys are like reformed felons approaching parole. And not all of them are criminals. I don't see them remaining on the wall. No point. After this great war, I don't think any lord will care much about a few bad apples from the wall.

It's just silly

Latest posts

Back