Game of Thrones

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very convincing theory

George R R Martin and the writers for the show are gonna take a big steamy dump on the analysis.

I've heard many crazy theories and enjoyed but scoffed. I read this one and just smiled - it's really quite beautiful. As a fan of both the books and show for many years I'm 1. fully anticipating it to be fulfilled but 2. rightfully expecting the steamy dump :) .

There are many examples of a seemingly innocuous and random comment portending very important events later. In this case, the oracle's vision would not be a random comment, but something actually designed to get you to wonder which brother is going to be the end of Cersei. So in my mind I think it might be a ruse to trick you into looking for that.

Which doesn't mean it won't happen. What I've noticed isn't so much that Martin writes to fool you, he simply writes as though the world and humanity is chaotic, which it is. The best laid plans, and all that.

Fantastic episode. After literally years of suspense, the plot is now moving along at breakneck speed.

Is Varys really on Daenerys team or is he a plant? Up until recently he always seemed to know everything happening in Westeros, however he had no clue(or didn't tell Daenerys) that the troops at Casterly Rock had mostly all gone to siege High Garden. He also didn't know (or didn't tell/warn) Daenerys that Greyjoy was going to attack the Targaryen Navy. How did Greyjoy even know where to find the Targaryen ships? There is a rat in Daenerys' inner circle.

I'll try to avoid giving anything away here but Watch the opening sequence where the GOT music is playing in season 1 compared to season 7. There is a significant difference at the wall.

Am I the only one who doesn't buy Tyrion being dumb enough to split up the forces? And why didn't the dragons serve as backup in either the attack on Kings Landing or Casterly Rock?

I bet anyone next scene is the dragons coming to destroy that Greyjoy dude and his army

If the stupidity of the tacticians keeps up this way the dragons will line up one behind another and fly in a straight line at Qyburn's ballista.

I'll try to avoid giving anything away here but Watch the opening sequence where the GOT music is playing in season 1 compared to season 7. There is a significant difference at the wall.

The sea is frozen......of,course it is hahaha wall.....where we are going we don't need walls

Fantastic episode. After literally years of suspense, the plot is now moving along at breakneck speed.

Is Varys really on Daenerys team or is he a plant? Up until recently he always seemed to know everything happening in Westeros, however he had no clue(or didn't tell Daenerys) that the troops at Casterly Rock had mostly all gone to siege High Garden. He also didn't know (or didn't tell/warn) Daenerys that Greyjoy was going to attack the Targaryen Navy. How did Greyjoy even know where to find the Targaryen ships? There is a rat in Daenerys' inner circle.

Varys is always the wild card, interesting conversation between he and the red lady, her comments might be implying his days are numbered shorter then he thinks? Anyone else?

Opening Credits for Season 7

People have been making that out to be something important, but if you look at the video for just a couple more seconds the water comes back, looks like it is just a cloud cover that is temporarily there.. The GOT podcast that I listen to said the same thing that people are just trying to find things out before they happen..

overall though I am thoroughly enjoying this season.. i was quite surprised when dany told jon that he could mine and have as many troops as necessary for the wall.. really hope they deal with the wall this season and wait for the big battle by kings landing for next season..

Apparently it wasn't really the placement of the commanders that was the issue. Euron managed to decimate their fleet nearly instantly with some amazingly stealthy sailing. Her ships should have been spread out, with scout ships at the outsides to raise warnings. It's a fantasy book. Mistakes will be made.

I quite liked the surprise attack on the Tyrells. When Cersei promised all of that money back to the bank in Bravos, I wondered where she planned to get it. Boom.

What I don't understand, is that the Lannisters had a TON of gold. Lots to be had in Highgarden, and of course the banks of Bravos had kagillions. Where did all of this money go? They pay for boats, soldiers, arms, food, etc. That money goes largely to citizens and soldiers. Soldiers die and their bodies are picked over. Unless a lot of this gold went to the bottom of the Narrow Sea, it's floating around somewhere. Generally new leaders find money when the take over populations. Stores of valuables are claimed and recycled.

There has been discussion of Kings Landing political trouble for several seasons now.

Apparently it wasn't really the placement of the commanders that was the issue. Euron managed to decimate their fleet nearly instantly with some amazingly stealthy sailing. Her ships should have been spread out, with scout ships at the outsides to raise warnings. It's a fantasy book. Mistakes will be made.

It's the writers shoe-horning Daenerys' need to reach an agreement with Jon Snow quickly into the beginning of the season. I don't buy that whole "we didn't want to stretch material out for two more seasons" as the reason for fewer episodes; it got expensive to the point the producers and network realized they could shave some episodes off and still make as much money (blu ray season 7 will probably cost the same as season 6). Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy watching it, but now it requires more of a suspension of disbelief, which is saying something considering that this is a show with dragons, zombies, and assassins who can literally wear peoples' faces.

Anyone else pick up on what is happening with Samwell and the maester in Oldtown? After curing Jorah, he seems a little pleased that Sam succeeded, but because of his position, he can't come right out and reward him. So, he gives Sam access to tons of old knowledge under the guise of making new copies of the books.

I quite liked the surprise attack on the Tyrells. When Cersei promised all of that money back to the bank in Bravos, I wondered where she planned to get it. Boom.

What I don't understand, is that the Lannisters had a TON of gold. Lots to be had in Highgarden, and of course the banks of Bravos had kagillions. Where did all of this money go? They pay for boats, soldiers, arms, food, etc. That money goes largely to citizens and soldiers. Soldiers die and their bodies are picked over. Unless a lot of this gold went to the bottom of the Narrow Sea, it's floating around somewhere. Generally new leaders find money when the take over populations. Stores of valuables are claimed and recycled.

I think even in the early seasons, it sounded like the Lannisters were running low on funds. About the time Robb started coming at them there were some conversations being had.

You know, spending more than you bring in, indebted to foreigners.

Wait . . . I've read about that before . . . ;) :D

Anyone else pick up on what is happening with Samwell and the maester in Oldtown? After curing Jorah, he seems a little pleased that Sam succeeded, but because of his position, he can't come right out and reward him. So, he gives Sam access to tons of old knowledge under the guise of making new copies of the books.

Yes. I strongly suspect we will find out in the next episode that Samwell will be copying the very books he wanted to get access to previously.

I enjoyed the short discussion between then about the White Walkers.

There still seems like an awful lot of things to happen before the all-out war between the humans and the Walkers. Add the current political wars and it just doesn't seem like that many episodes to fit it all in nicely.

Yes. I strongly suspect we will find out in the next episode that Samwell will be copying the very books he wanted to get access to previously.

I enjoyed the short discussion between then about the White Walkers.

There still seems like an awful lot of things to happen before the all-out war between the humans and the Walkers. Add the current political wars and it just doesn't seem like that many episodes to fit it all in nicely.

Spoiler:

heh of thrones.jpg

I am wondering if he will see some magical tomes. His comment in season one about wanting to be a wizard now seems like foreshadowing.

Went to bed early last night. Wife comes in and says she forgot that it was GOT night and asked if I wanted to watch it.

I said yes, but I wanted to get to bed early even more. It was 10:00. I couldn't stay up an extra hour, so I'm avoiding spoilers today. So sorry if I didn't read and quote your post, it's not your fault. It's me.

Went to bed early last night. Wife comes in and says she forgot that it was GOT night and asked if I wanted to watch it.

I said yes, but I wanted to get to bed early even more. It was 10:00. I couldn't stay up an extra hour, so I'm avoiding spoilers today. So sorry if I didn't read and quote your post, it's not your fault. It's me.

So by coming in here and posting your subliminal self is telling us you're looking for spoilers :D

I'm dying here. I see news headlines all saying how awesome last night's episode was!

I have lots to do tonight, but I think I can schedule an hour for some GOT-ness.

I haven't seen it yet either. However, running around on Twitter

****SPoiler Alert*****
It's only 45 minutes and not an hour hehehe

It took me a minute to connect the dots so I don't remember his reaction well, but Brans comment to Baelish "Chaos is a Ladder" was basically telling him(Baelish) that he knows what he is up to. However, best I can remember Baelish's reaction wasn't very dramatic. The comment was a direct quote from Baelish in a private conversation with Varys about what their goals are in the Game of Thrones. Baelish ends that conversation with a comment about having a new backup plan.

The battle scene was (again) epic, overshadowing another fantastic scene.The dual between Arya and Brienne was fantastic, especially Ayras response when she ashed who taught you how to fight that way. "No One". The Dragonglass cave paintings were great too. All of Jon Snow's discussion in an attempt to convince Daenerys the threat was real and he needed her help ended without the need for words.

I'm kinda bummed that the season more than half way over. It kinda feels like day 4 of a 7 day vacation.

I love Arya and the Darth Sansa looks as she starts to figure out that her sister is killer. Anyone else catch the bom chicka wow wow vibe between Dany and Jon?

I love Arya and the Darth Sansa looks as she starts to figure out that her sister is killer. Anyone else catch the bom chicka wow wow vibe between Dany and Jon?

Yea, the short fella with stumpy limbs arrives with bad news about what happened at High Garden.(cockblocker)

The show feels rushed this season. Cramming in story and action.

I don't think either Jaime, certainly, or Bronn, maybe, should have died in the story last night...but those two dragon fire scenarios were scripted pretty poorly. They should have died.

It took me a minute to connect the dots so I don't remember his reaction well, but Brans comment to Baelish "Chaos is a Ladder" was basically telling him(Baelish) that he knows what he is up to. However, best I can remember Baelish's reaction wasn't very dramatic. The comment was a direct quote from Baelish in a private conversation with Varys about what their goals are in the Game of Thrones. Baelish ends that conversation with a comment about having a new backup plan.

IMHO Littlefinger doesn't see the threat of Bran. He probably didn't realize the choice of words. I have a feeling that Littlefinger is about get himself on Arya's Death List & be dealt with. I hope he realizes this & runs to The Vale, then he probably be pushed off The Moon Door (ahh Da Horrors)

Bronn_defeats_Vardis.jpg

The show feels rushed this season. Cramming in story and action.

I don't think either Jaime, certainly, or Bronn, maybe, should have died in the story last night...but those two dragon fire scenarios were scripted pretty poorly. They should have died.

The story is definitely rushed, we were lucky to have one major battle per season we have one almost every episode now lol

The story is definitely rushed, we were lucky to have one major battle per season we have one almost every episode now lol

I don't think it is forced by the writing. Cercsi is just riding the momentum of her victories and in the process paying off her debt.

Things are coming to a head...Winter is here. Jon and now Daenerys understand the Winter means very bad things are coming. Danny was getting her butt kicked and when she was convinced there was another warfront in the North she pulled out all the Stops.

Back