Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup,the solution to,& the cause of,most of lifes problems...!:mug: I see you're in Prague. My relatives are in Bratislava,Slovakia.

okay ... didn't hear this, but at least it is getting closer to topic ...

Signs That You Are Too Drunk

1. You lose arguments with inanimate objects.

2. You have to hold onto the lawn to keep from falling off the earth.

3. Job interfering with your drinking.

4. Your doctor finds traces of blood in your alcohol stream.

5. Career won't progress beyond Senator from Massachusetts.

6. The back of your head keeps getting hit by the toilet seat.

7. Sincerely believe alcohol to be the elusive 5th food group.

8. 24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case - coincidence???

9. Two hands and just one mouth - now THAT's a drinking problem!

10. You can focus better with one eye closed.

statistics

economics

grammar

next up: history or geography?

NOOOOOOOOO!

So last week I had lunch with my dad and I was telling him how I was glad my Grandpa has learned to like good beer. My dad on the other hand is stuck on bud light. My dad tells me that he thinks grandpas taste buds are fading and thats why he likes porters and stouts now because they have more flavor and he can taste beer otherwise. Mind you, he was talking about buffalo sweat, a cream ale stout! My dad then goes on to say that he cant handle those bitter beers :smack:

this morning from a new co-worker on the night shift:
him - gotta wait for the sun to come up so I can play Frisbee golf & get drunk.
me-you a beer drinker?
him- yeah.
me- what kind of beer do you like?
him- Coors Light. you like beer?
me- yeah. I brew beer.
him-whoa! is it like whiskey?
me- no.

at no point, though, did he ask if I could brew Coors Light. and he sounded genuinely interested and was naming some of the different beers he's tried & liked.

PRE66_6TART said:
It could be worse. I once derailed a thread for two days with an argument about the proper use of the word whom.

Reed said:
Whom for smart and important, who for casual.

kombat said:
Anyway, the answer is easy. "Whom" if the answer would be "him" or "her." "Who" if the answer would be "he" or "she." Case closed.

GrogNerd said:
who for subject of the sentence, whom for object

who is brewing with whom?

Oh god, it's happening again

me- yeah. I brew beer.
him-whoa! is it like whiskey?

article-0-0290058B00000578-290_468x286.jpg

NOOOOOOOOO!

So last week I had lunch with my dad and I was telling him how I was glad my Grandpa has learned to like good beer. My dad on the other hand is stuck on bud light. My dad tells me that he thinks grandpas taste buds are fading and thats why he likes porters and stouts now because they have more flavor and he can taste beer otherwise. Mind you, he was talking about buffalo sweat, a cream ale stout! My dad then goes on to say that he cant handle those bitter beers :smack:

WTF is a cream ale stout? Going by the name of the beer I'm guessing you mean milk stout (aka sweet stout, and, granted, occasionally referred to by the brewer of a given beer as simply "cream stout")? But a "cream ale" is something very specific, and specifically very different from anything that could ever be called a stout.

emjay said:
WTF is a cream ale stout? Going by the name of the beer I'm guessing you mean milk stout (aka sweet stout, and, granted, occasionally referred to by the brewer of a given beer as simply "cream stout")? But a "cream ale" is something very specific, and specifically very different from anything that could ever be called a stout.

^^^^^ well actually.

Oh, as in like "HOOM," haha! For some reason, I read that as pronounced like "wom" and was like, "'Wom'? WTF is a 'wom'?"

Anyway, the answer is easy. "Whom" if the answer would be "him" or "her." "Who" if the answer would be "he" or "she." Case closed.

Thinking to self: "I want to correct them SO BADLY, BUT DON'T GO THERE! IT'S NOT FUNNY, AND IT'S NOT ABOUT BEER!" There, there... have another Maibock and it'll be all better.

The bartender at the best local microbrewery insisted me that the "cream ale" was a lager.

rigatron said:
The bartender at the best local microbrewery insisted me that the "cream ale" was a lager.

Well actually...it is the next closest thing. Many times the only difference is the yeast used. It's basically an ale version of a pale lager fermented at warmer temps. It benefits greatly from an extended lagering conditioning as well.

He was wrong, but not by much.

Well actually...it is the next closest thing. Many times the only difference is the yeast used. It's basically an ale version of a pale lager fermented at warmer temps. It benefits greatly from an extended lagering conditioning as well.

He was wrong, but not by much.

A lager with different yeast and not lagered... is not a lager lol

I mean it's called a cream ALE but she wouldnt let up on it. Nice girl though.

Back