Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This reminds me of drink names I've drank,heard,or don't remember clearly. Bloody brain,suffering bastard,sex on the beach,snowshoe...but pabst smear is a lil too close for me...:drunk:

I bet there are some hillbillies who legitimately ordered a half-bud/half-coors just to see what it was like. Has to have happened sometime.

I bet there are some hillbillies who legitimately ordered a half-bud/half-coors just to see what it was like. Has to have happened sometime.
Is that like ordering 1/2 bottled water and 1/2 tap water? Oh wait, that's what you get when you put ice in bottled water...

BeerGrylls said:
Oh dear God that's hideous

The worst part is they still do it at home. I don't mind a boiler maker every once in awhile but not a can full of coors and rut gut whiskey

BeerGrylls said:
You want to hear about a terrible mix? When I was in Bavaria they mixed wheat beer with coca cola! They call it radler which also applies to the lemonade/beer mix as well. Gross! I thought Germans knew better than this!
Actually it's named Cola bier and isn't half bad with the right pilsner. A Radler is a lemonade (or their version of it) and Pilsner. It's not bad either. At least that's what those mixes were called up in Hessen where I lived. Another good mix is a krystalweizen and banana nectar.

I like just about any beer with vodka. But my IPA's with Kutskova vodka is something special indeed. That stuff's hard to find around here.:mug:

I like just about any beer with vodka. But my IPA's with Kutskova vodka is something special indeed. That stuff's hard to find around here.:mug:

I know it's fairly popular here to put a shot of vanilla or whip cream flavored vodka into a shipyard pumpkin pint. Not half bad actually, makes it taste like pumpkin pie.

That sounds pretty good. Maybe something to try with Pumking that's all over here lately. Seems to me that was the one with the most actual pumpkin flavor.

That sounds pretty good. Maybe something to try with Pumking that's all over here lately. Seems to me that was the one with the most actual pumpkin flavor.

Little off topic for this thread, but if you like Pumking I would recommend Elysian Brewing's The Great Pumpkin. They use pumpkin seeds in the mash, boil, and fermenter and I personally think this gives it a more authentic pumpkin flavor. Has one of the smoothest, most pumpkin pie like, after tastes that I've found. Don't get me wrong, Pumking is great, this tops that if you ask me.

I cracked open a Negra Modelo and had someone say "Negra Modelo... two or three of those will clean you out. Have you s#!+ing all night."

WTF?

The wife and I were heading over to a friends house and I wanted to get some beer to bring. We didn't have enough time to go by the liquor store so quickly ran into the supermarket (publix) to get something. I grabbed a 4 pack of DFH 90, glad that they carried it. It was a little more than I would expect to pay at a liquor store but I was in a hurry.
I go to checkout-
Cashier -<as it rings up> "Wow that is expensive for beer"
Me - "yeah, it's expensive for them to make"
Cashier- "you do know it's only 4 beers right?"
Me - "well aware, yes"
Cashier- "you can pick up a 12 pack of bud light for how much this cost"
Me - "well it..." and I was cutoff by...
Cashier- "and you'll have twice as much beer!"
Me - <realizing that the cashier did not have a basic understanding of 1st grade arithmetic, I decided to cut the conversation short> with a smile I say- "Thanks, I'll do that next time"
Cashier- "just trying to help you save some money"
Me- "thanks"

The wife and I were heading over to a friends house and I wanted to get some beer to bring. We didn't have enough time to go by the liquor store so quickly ran into the supermarket (publix) to get something. I grabbed a 4 pack of DFH 90, glad that they carried it. It was a little more than I would expect to pay at a liquor store but I was in a hurry.
I go to checkout-
Me - "well aware, yes"
Me - <realizing that the cashier did not have a basic understanding of 1st grade arithmetic, I decided to cut the conversation short> with a smile I say- "Thanks, I'll do that next time"
Me- "thanks"

Awesome! I don't know what they are teaching some of these kids at school, I had one the other day confused because I ask her to check the price on some sliced meat at the deli because the tag said it was on special but when I got it it was not;
Me) Hey, are you sure the price is right on this - it says $1.50/100g but you've charged me $3.50/100g
Her) Um.... (looking at the printed label / tag)... oh, no the label says it's $35/kg... hmmmmmm... ummmm...... how do you work that out... ummmm... do you have any more shopping to do and I'll sort it out?
Me) Sorry that was the last thing I need to get, don't worry about it :)

I go to checkout-
Me - "well aware, yes"
Me- "thanks"

If this ever happened to me, I'd say, "Good point. If we're talking drunkenness/$, point me to your Everclear?"

amfukuda said:
Ill pass I can't even look at that stuff without getting sick from a few bad nights in college

Its the nights you can't remember you have to worry about!

rockbasementbeer said:
This just happened

My friend: want a beer? (He only drinks bmc)
Me: no, im ok. I dont drink bud light.
Him: oh thats right, you only drink fancy beer
Me: no, i only drink good beer

When did craft beer become "fancy"?!

Edit: Also, grabbed a sixer of left hand oktoberfest immediately after this

Hah! I got the same thing, except he called it "girlie beer.". It was a pint of Enjoy By.

Hah! I got the same thing, except he called it "girlie beer.". It was a pint of Enjoy By.

I don't get this, I can understand fancy because lets face it our beer is fancy compared to the bland BMC. But girlie, how is craft beer girlie (excluding fruit infused wheat beers that are more fruit than beer of coarse:D)

Ha! Girlie beer. what a friggin wussyboy. Give them a couple 7.2% doppelbocks. Or a barleywine @ 10-12%. It always kills me when I explain that home brew has just as much if not more ABV as/then BMC's. Then I finally get it out of some of them that they like the flavor of the BMC more. Why couldn't they just be honest to begin with? Why all the male ego posturing? Kinda like Sam Huston said once-"If it's so smooth,how do you know it's bad for you?". I think that's part of it.

Was drinking a Two Hearted at a brew buddies and his neighbor called it a "girlie beer" while drinking miller 64. Smiled and said"Just watch your calories while we drink beer!

yes, your 3%, 64 calorie beer is so much more manlier than my 7% ABV, 200 calorie Two Hearted, I'm surprised you're not sipping it through a straw. oh, by the way, your tampon string is showing

I don't get this, I can understand fancy because lets face it our beer is fancy compared to the bland BMC. But girlie, how is craft beer girlie (excluding fruit infused wheat beers that are more fruit than beer of coarse:D)

Through the miracle of BMC marketing, pale fizzy barley-pop is "manly", and by reasoning, all else is "girly".

Like when Lt. Worf gets introduced to prune juice: "It's a warrior's drink".

Wasnt there a series of BMC commercials a while back where the joke was drinking beer with "less taste" is unmanly and in order to be more manly, one must drink this particular type of BMC that had "more taste?".

I'd see that commercial while drinking a Pliny or a Ten Fidy and snort derisively ...

Back