Funny GT Booch Story

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

legbuh

Reaction score
I thought I would share this.. maybe I was wrong, but I don't believe so.. lol.

I was going through the checkout line at the store and I had a bottle of GT booch (which I used to help my sick batch get better, as you'll see in my "slimey booch" thread).

The checkout lady asked me "do you want any special handling with this?" I said... "what? um.. no.. just put it in the bag."

She replied "ok, some people don't want it disturbed or shaken as it will ruin the vitality of the product".

She saw that I was perplexed so I explained I brew my own, and I was finding it hard to believe people actually tell her that shaking the bottle will kill all the good stuff in it. I explained that it was my belief that the only thing that would harm it is heat. They're strong critters (if there really are that many really good living critters still in GTs booch).

I told her to just smile and say yes, but that it was most likely unfounded.

Now, I could be completely wrong, but I don't see how a jostle here and there would harm it. I'm sure on it's trip from the GT factory to the store it's jostled quite a bit.

:mug:

No, no harm at all from a little jostling. Probably wouldn't want to shake it violently, same as you wouldn't want to violently shake a can of cola, but it's not going to harm the critters. I actually swirl mine as I drink it to get all the little guys in suspension.

I've known people to find the sediment on the bottom to be unappealing - maybe that's why they don't want the bottles jostled? So it won't be put back in suspension?

I think of it more like a hefe - drinking the sediment at the bottom is part of the experience.

Back