Full Boil Caribou Slobber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curiouslyaware

Reaction score
Hello there,

I am brand new to brewing and recently purchased my brewing equipment from Northern Brewer along with their popular Caribou Slobber extract kit. I know that most people start off with smaller brew pots when first getting started in extract brewing but I decided to go with a 10.5 gallon Megapot so that gives me the ability to do full-boils. I am still waiting on my pot to come and I will do some preliminary testing to figure out what my boil off rate will be on a turkey fryer, but I would like to get everyone's opinion on what adjustments I should make to the recipe. Most will tell you that you must adjust the hop additions in order to keep those ratios to where they should be. Also, I have read suggestions about adding the liquid malt extract later on in the boil. Has anyone had any experience with this recipe or adjusting extract recipes that could help me?

Thanks for the advice, I just looked at the all-grain recipe and saw that the same amount of hops are added but instead of adding the liberty hops at 45 min., they are added 30 min. instead but the U.S. Goldings and Willamette are unchanged, added at 60 and 10 min., respectively. Will just use the AG hop schedule.

Thanks for the advice, I just looked at the all-grain recipe and saw that the same amount of hops are added but instead of adding the liberty hops at 45 min., they are added 30 min. instead but the U.S. Goldings and Willamette are unchanged, added at 60 and 10 min., respectively. Will just use the AG hop schedule.

That's what I would do.

Back