Fruit Wine Kits.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orfy

For the love of beer!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm Just about to try a 21l fruit win kit by L.Larsens. A white kit using Apple and Grape concentrate 1l The Kit also contains.
Benotine, Pectinase, Yeast Nutrient, Yeast, Potasium Met, Potasium Sorbate, Kieselsol and Gelitine.

It Takes 4kg off table sugar and 19l of water, recommended minimum is 21 days but I'm in no real rush.

Comments, tips welcomed please.

pict0001a36a57crl0.jpg

I have my first wine kit (for SWMBO) fermenting away right now. It is an RJ Spagnols, Orchard Breezin mist wine kit--Calypso Bianco flavor. She got a taste for it at the LHBS and when we bought the kit the owner gave her a 375ml bottle to hold her over till done. This kit contained a lot of "additives" as well and should be done and drinkable in 28 days.

I've made about 10 really good fruit wines over the years.

Here is an excellent book on the subject.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/0156970953/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I don't know where you live, but if you have access to fresh fruit, I would be making wines from that rather than a kit like you are. I'm making my first wine kit ever right now and I'm regretting it already.

Last night while we were starting my apfelwein, my wife begged me to make another batch of the peach champagne I made a few years ago. It wasn't peach like a cheap wine, it was dry and clean and yet fruity with a lovely bouquet. Needless to say it was loved and it didn't last long. Making wine directly from fruit is highly underrated.

Here is a decent forum to discuss the subject. http://www.finevinewines.com/Wiz/forum/default.asp I go by MrFruitWines over there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back