Froozen Beersicles!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speranza

Reaction score
Found Via fark.com

Sounds like an interesting idea. Seems to be popular enough to draw attention even from law makers. I just don't think it would be any good. First your CO2 would come out of suspension(thats why you don't freeze beer in bottles/cans). Next wouldn't the water and alcohol come out of suspension? I just imaging a watered down beer with harsh alcohol overtones...

Anyone tried this?

Frezing is a form of distilation, I am not saying that is can't be done or it shouldn't be done (see Applejack) just saying that for right now the Goverment has a lock down on it and it is still illegal in there eye's. I do applaude (sp) this guy though, he is a risk taker and could be a trend setter depending on the results.

Cheers

Ethanol freezes at -114C. I doubt their freezers go that low ;)

Some alcohol might get trapped in the ice crystals, but most of it is being left behind somewhere (and probably consumed by the waistaff).

This is like eating the ice that's removed from eisbock...

good point Bike, never thought of that, Oh Yeah MMMMMMMM Eisbock, i cant wait till I brew it.

Cheers

Back