Fridge for kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drhall23

Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations for the best fridge to turn in to a kegerator for my home bar? Min-fridge?top freezer? Size?
I want to have teo 5 gal kegs in it.
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I have yet to build my kegerator (it's on my brewery roadmap, though), but I think the question you ask depends on what design kegerator you desire. If you look around this forum you will find designs that use upright freezers (taps in the door), chest freezers with collars, chest freezers with tap towers and mini-fridges. All have positives and negatives associated with them.

Your 5-keg requirement probably eliminates the mini-fridge, so choose one of the other general categories and then there will likely be some feedback from folks that have used one model or another. My sense is that the freezers of the world are largely similar in quality, though there may be some minor differences in where the coolant lines are routed that could drive the layout of your design.

Sorry I can't offer more specifics, but when's you've chosen a design category the knowledge on these pages will likely flow freely.

Making beer and hard cider in Southern Virginia since 2011.

Keezer IMO is the best way to roll. had a fridge now going to keezer.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Home Brew mobile app

Thanks all. Picked up a 7.2 igloo chest freezer at best buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Was hoping somebody out there could have some suggestions. I have slowly been putting my keezer together. Today I attached the collar.
I use 2 x 4 pieces of wood to construct the collar. I feel the collar looks pretty good. However, when I put the lid on top of the collar, the hinges did not line up with the pre-existing holes of the freezer. I have attached a picture.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how do fasten the hinges to the freezer without damaging anything.? ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396837966.644385.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

DrHall: Is your collar firmly attached to you freezer? If so, attach the hinge to the lid using the existing holes. and then screw the bottom of the hinge to the collar with some stout round headed wood screws. I would then put the old screws back in the freezer. If you want to uswe the keezer as a freezer again, you can.

Thanks for your response. I'm sorry I just saw this now. But I was able to attach the hinges to the collar using some mending braces as shims. Has worked out pretty good.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back