Free, Safe, Effective Malware removal...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Microsoft Security Essentials, Malwarebytes free version, Spybot Search and Destroy, and CCleaner are the programs I use regularly. Easy-peasy.

After dealing with these issues for years like everybody else, I have landed on Avast free and MalwareBytes free as has been stated by others. I have not had any problems in a couple of years. Just my two bits.

Run TDSSKiller. Open it, accept the EULAs (2 of them), click change parameters. Select the check the box for detect TDLFS file system, Click OK, Click start scan. Scan should only take 1-2 minutes. If it finds anything, let it clean it.

Then run MalwareBytes. You do not need the paid version. The free works just fine, just update the definitions file before running it. Also before scanning, go into settings and on the left go to detection and prevention and check the box to detect rootkits. Run the scan and clean anything it finds.

Lastly there may still be traces left in your browser after scanning. These will need to be manually removed. The easiest way is to reset your browser back to default. Alternatively go into the settings and add-ons/extensions and delete the offending pieces.

If you need further help feel free to contact me and I can either walk you through it or remote into the PC and help clean it, I do IT for a living.

Latest posts

Back