Free Bottles (from restaurant)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bpts_finest13

Reaction score
What's up everyone.. PLZ HELP!!!
I used to work at a a restaurant a while back and decided to contact my buddy who is still there to see if they could spare me some bottles. He might be able to get me a couple cases of non twist bottles.
I got the idea after reading it last night on HOW TO BREW. John stated that going to a pocal restaurant you would be able to get some spare bottles. I'm just worried because i dont know who exactly was touching or drinking from these bottles.
what's the best way to make sure I completely have these bittkes clean and sanitized. I was thinking about leaving them on a bleach/water solution for a couple days than rinse them and right before I bottle I would sanitize them again. Is this enough if should I be doing something else to bottles u get from places like that???

PBW or OxyClean to get your labels and gunk off. Use a bottle brush to get anything caked off. Then either soak in StarSan or use a vinator to sanitize. That should do it.....

Do you worry about drinking out the water glasses, using the silverware, eating off of a plate at that restaurant? Same people using those are drinking out of those bottles.

Jason has given you some sound advice, I know I would be concerned also about not knowing who was drinking out of the bottles and what they may or may not have. But by the time you have gotten the labels off and sanitized them they will be good as new. I like Oxy Clean Free for label removal, no scale if you have hard water.

Do you worry about drinking out the water glasses, using the silverware, eating off of a plate at that restaurant? Same people using those are drinking out of those bottles.

Lol at my self.. ur right... too anxious to actually start this hobby that I didn't even think that... thanx guys and Sry for the Noobish ??s

Back