Founder's all day ipa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the taste, but even with only a few I get a bit of a hangover. I have no idea why....and I drink a lot of beer and way more potent beers but this does something to me.

Any good?

I wouldn't know, but it's all over the shelves in practically all the local shops where I live. During the cold months Founders porter will find its way home with me and the mildly hoppy Solid Gold bittered with lemondrop is one of my favorites.
Their IPA offerings? Not so much. I've found a beer brewed quickly, whether it's a low or moderate ABV, hurts my head ... and may be because it ferments quickly leaving fusels behind.

Last edited:
It's good, but depends on what you are looking for. I mean it's not juicy bits or something,but its way better than bud light.

From their website...a butt load of awards.

2016 Australian Beer Awards Bronze Medal
2014 Good Food Award
"Michigan's best brew" - Epicurious, 2014
2014 Brussels Beer Challenge Gold Medal
2010 World Beer Cup Silver Medal

I have always enjoyed it as it is typically on sale at one of our local grocery stores.

It't not my favorite but it is a solid beer. I think it defines what a session IPA should be.

My general go to outside my beer. Been trying to find a clone, but every recipe is way above ABV. I’ll make a recipe some day.

I like to pop the tab and inhale a nice hop aroma. It's a nice lawnmower beer. We take it on fishing trips along with homebrew. Good back-up beer when the homebrew runs out. :)

You can sub out Carapils with Weyermann Carahell.
Technically it's not a big deal but I know for a fact Founders uses Carahell for brewing simply because I've seen it stacked near Jeremy Kosmicki when he's on the video inteview talking about All Day IPA.

It's a pretty good beer. It used to be one of my favorites but as I've gotten more into craft beer I tend to now go for either a really juicy hazy IPA or a bigger, more flavorful American IPA. This one just tastes kind of boring to me now, but I guess that's why it's sessionable

I found it on sale, 15 pack for $16, and bought some.
I definitely give it two thumbs up, I really like the simcoe/amarillo hop combo.

Mike Stevens and Dave Engbers, who co-founded Founders in 1997, will each retain a 5% share.

According to documents MiBiz received via a Freedom of Information Act request, the 2014 Founders-Mahou acquisition agreement for the 30-percent stake, valued at around $96.3 million

Sounds to me like they are getting ready to retire and enjoy some of that wealth they built, I know I would

Back