Found some old beer cans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phoenixs4r

Reaction score
I was joking with my girlfriend about always finding beer cans behind walls I demo. I demolished a partial wall in my garage and found these! One even had the tax seal stuck to it!

ForumRunner_20120505_174648.jpg

I've been collecting cans since 1977. That's about the time period for those cans. The Regals are still 3 piece cans. (rolled from a flat piece with top and bottom attached). Called "crimped steel" because the top and bottom are just a bit smaller than the diameter of the can. The Club is "straight steel" meaning the top and bottom rim are a bit bigger than the diameter of the can.

SHBSJon said:
I've been collecting cans since 1977. That's about the time period for those cans. The Regals are still 3 piece cans. (rolled from a flat piece with top and bottom attached). Called "crimped steel" because the top and bottom are just a bit smaller than the diameter of the can. The Club is "straight steel" meaning the top and bottom rim are a bit bigger than the diameter of the can.

That's awesome info! Thanks! After Googling to see if we found a million dollar can, it seems as though not. Will definitely be going up on the beer wall to show off though!

Yep, not a valuable can at all, but California breweries have produced many beer can in the 30's and 40's that are now valued at many thousands of dollars. Keep looking in those walls.

Back