Found an Old Stash 2005 - 2007 Meads

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toolboxdiver

Reaction score
Sometimes forgetting something can be a good thing. I just found 2 cases of Meads, Cysers and a lone bottle of White Grape and Peach Pyment. This is like Hitting the Lottery result_1554996800289.jpg result_1554996448140.jpg result_1554997204523.jpg

I will try to find them, been a while since I made Mead. My Honey Hookup petered out. Back then I got 75lbs for almost Nothing. An Apiary donated 75lbs of Crystalized honey to my Mothers church's food bank. It was in 5lb jars and the Old Ladies didn't want to mess with it. I got it all for $50.00 so I made a Shitload of Mead, Cyser and some Melomels

Nice artwork!

What were the recipes?
The Viking Mead was just Honey, Water and Yeast. Think I used the Lavin K1000 and fed it over 3 rackings. Total was about 25lbs of Honey for 5gal. It should be high teens %alc.
The Cyser was 4 gal of fresh pressed cider from a local apple orchard near Moms. 5lbs of Honey, 1lb brown sugar and 2 cinnamon sticks to start. Then maybe another 5lbs of honey at rackings. I don't remember if I used the K1000 or the Monacret yeast for that one.

Back