FotHB XVI: Fireworks & Beer, What Could Go Wrong?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Mail is out for delivery today. Hopefully arrived as well.

Crazy porch bomb waiting for me this evening. I can’t wait to try each and every one of these!

C841A3C6-C587-41C0-92DD-0EDFA1102869.jpeg

Although it relates more to commercial beer than homebrew, for anyone who is interested the 2022 Fellowship of the Drink Secret Santa Beer Swap is now live over here: 2022 FotD Secret Santa Beer Swap

Any former participants in FotD or FotHB are welcome to participate - just read the first post, post in the thread, and send me a template!

Hi all!

Quick question regarding the timeline for the next trade. Considering the craziness of the holidays, I was thinking of posting the next thread in the middle of January. That way, things have time to slow down and we can also put a wrap on this round. (Correct me if I'm wrong but by my calculations, one person still needs to ship.) Please let me know if this works for you guys and if so, I'll get the next round going in mid January.

Please forgive me if I'm overcommunicating. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't keeping anybody waiting too long.

Happy holidays and I hope you all have a happy new year!

Everyone send Aharri a bottle or two and we will move on lol come on @MajorJC…I thought I was bad for waiting until late September to ship lol
LMFAO He messaged me in the middle of October and he is a RN. They had a critical short staffing and he is one of the leads. Haven't heard from him since then.

LMFAO He messaged me in the middle of October and he is a RN. They had a critical short staffing and he is one of the leads. Haven't heard from him since then.
I mean I get that. Teaching and the medical field are swamped (teacher). That said at least send you the offering and if they aren’t solid anymore send some comercial

@aharri1 I'm so ashamed of myself! I don't know how the days are flying by so fast. Thanks for the reminder!

Not only have I not been able to brew or bottle anything new in the past few months, I haven't even had a chance to drink any beer. I need to sample the beer in my kegs for quality this weekend. The meads are bottled and ready and I've got some great commercial beers. I scheduled some PTO because I just really need some time off, so I'll be off work for ten days when I get off Thursday morning. If my homebrews have aged poorly, then I'm going to go ahead and pack up some commercial beers and the meads and send them your way. If the homebrew is still good, then you'll get the original offer, plus a second box with some great commercial beers and an apology gift also.

I will ship by Friday the 27th at the latest! Hopefully I'll be able to ship sooner though, I'm gonna shoot for Monday, but procrastination is one of my faults. Is the address you gave me still good?

I also want to thank @Dgallo and @3 Dawg Night for the proper amount of friendly shaming to get me motivated!

@aharri1 I'm so ashamed of myself! I don't know how the days are flying by so fast. Thanks for the reminder!

Not only have I not been able to brew or bottle anything new in the past few months, I haven't even had a chance to drink any beer. I need to sample the beer in my kegs for quality this weekend. The meads are bottled and ready and I've got some great commercial beers. I scheduled some PTO because I just really need some time off, so I'll be off work for ten days when I get off Thursday morning. If my homebrews have aged poorly, then I'm going to go ahead and pack up some commercial beers and the meads and send them your way. If the homebrew is still good, then you'll get the original offer, plus a second box with some great commercial beers and an apology gift also.

I will ship by Friday the 27th at the latest! Hopefully I'll be able to ship sooner though, I'm gonna shoot for Monday, but procrastination is one of my faults. Is the address you gave me still good?

I also want to thank @Dgallo and @3 Dawg Night for the proper amount of friendly shaming to get me motivated!
Sounds good man! I'm glad you're getting some time off ! My address is still good !

Last edited:

Now that we've got that settled, I will try and have the next thread up sometime this afternoon. Stand by!

Back