FOTHB IV: Trying to Catch Me Brewin' Dirty

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my box yesterday from @jerbrew. Thank you sir! That hot sauce is screaming grilled oysters and lemon to me. [emoji3]
2u8dnrt.jpg

The regular jerky is all done in the dehydrator. Some of the key ingredients are molasses, honey, and mesquite liquid smoke.

The double smoked was marinated in the same juice, but smoked and dehydrated in my electric smoker using hickory pellets.

Correct, the darker sauce is the smoked version.

The regular jerky is all done in the dehydrator. Some of the key ingredients are molasses, honey, and mesquite liquid smoke.

The double smoked was marinated in the same juice, but smoked and dehydrated in my electric smoker using hickory pellets.

Correct, the darker sauce is the smoked version.

Ah, okay. I'm always a little nervous with liquid smoke. Good to know on the double as I also have an electric smoker; however, I have not done jerky on it...well, salmon jerky.

1-10, how hot on the sauce? Are they preserved or do I have to worry about breaking the seal to try? If so, are we more along the lines of a bbq hot sauce or more like a wing hot sauce?

The sauce is a bit warm. It shouldn't be painful, and you should be fine. Toss them in the fridge. They aren't fermented, and are not canned. The salt and vinegar content should keep them for a bit, but refrigeration will yield you a longer shelf life. So open them up and try them!

The sauce is a bit warm. It shouldn't be painful, and you should be fine. Toss them in the fridge. They aren't fermented, and are not canned. The salt and vinegar content should keep them for a bit, but refrigeration will yield you a longer shelf life. So open them up and try them!

Sounds like a plan for tonight :) My guts are wrecked from trying to clean off beer shelf space yesterday...I made a dent, but we'll see for how long.

Back