Forgot to cold brew coffee last night, quicker alternative?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbehr

Reaction score
So I forgot to cold brew coffee for 1/2 of of 2.5G choc stoud batch. Any quicker alternative as I'd REALLY like to bottle this today? I think I've seen packs of starbuck cold brew coffee at the grocery store, or can I got to Dunkin Donuts and just order an iced coffee with no ice and pour that in? If so any ideas on how much to add to about 1.25 gallons?

Brew coffee normal and add a little lactose to cut the bitterness?

Is it already in the secondary??
I know when I made my coffee stout I added to the keg for a few days before I started chilling/carbonating. I'd just plan on making the cold brew like you were going to do, and wait to bottle, I think any other alternative isn't worth it. Patience pays off!

+1 on the patience, the reason to cold brew is for the flavor without bitterness, anything else is "a patch" wait till next weekend if necessary.

Most local java joints around here cold brew their iced coffee. I don't see why you couldn't just order it sans ice.

Most of the extract in cold brewed coffee happens in the first three hours or so. If you agitate, that will speed it up further, and if you use a bit more coffee than you'd otherwise planned you'll make up for the difference. Specific numbers will depend on a number of different factors (especially roast level), but it's worth giving a shot.

Iced Coffee will not be the same thing as cold brewing coffee. When you cold brew you are creating a very strong extract, not regular drinking strength coffee. I'd really just be patient with this and wait it out rather than going with anything different. It'll pay off.

Iced Coffee will not be the same thing as cold brewing coffee. When you cold brew you are creating a very strong extract, not regular drinking strength coffee. I'd really just be patient with this and wait it out rather than going with anything different. It'll pay off.

I think he is aware of that. Though most local places near me at least like I said cold brew their iced coffee then storing it in the fridge for the day it is then poured over ice diluting it to "regular drinking strength"

Back