Force Carbonating Wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inner10

Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions for bottling wine from a keg without making a huge foamy mess? The counter pressure stopper on the tube idea is swell and all but it's a pile of pressure to hold back and makes for a slow fill.

Think the Blichmann beer gun would work?

The beergun works well, but it works about the same as the counter pressure set up.

The only thing I can think of is to make sure the pressure is purged, and no higher than about 2 psi to push the wine, and to make sure the bottles are ice cold.

The beergun works well, but it works about the same as the counter pressure set up.

The only thing I can think of is to make sure the pressure is purged, and no higher than about 2 psi to push the wine, and to make sure the bottles are ice cold.

Kinda what I've been trying, do you have a beergun?

Yes, I have one. I've only used it a couple times, though, due to the irritation I have with taking it apart and sanitizing it for only a couple of bottles so I still just do the BMBF for many beers!

Thanks Yooper, I may abandon my keg idea and do sparkling wine the traditional way. I just can't get it carbonated enough.

Latest posts

Back