? for those who ferment in a side by side fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewhaw

Reaction score
I was just given a side by side fridge and will be using it as my main fermentation chamber. I'll be fermenting two 5 gallons at a time.I will be getting either a johnson or a ranco thermostat for temp regulation. I have read many threads about one vs the other if anyone cares to comment on a specific thermostat that would be great. Is a dual control worth the $ or is the basic unit enough? I dont want to spend much more than 75$. My main question is what can i do with the freezer side. will the temp be colder or warmer than the temp regulated fridge side? Will the temp on the freezer side be within range for conditioning beer or even keeping beer within drinking temps? What do yall do with the freezer side? TIA

About the same as in a little warmer or cooler?(i assume cooler) so That should be a good place to bottle condition correct ?

Back