Flavour Pack?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacktar

Reaction score
I'm currently brewing a Riesling gerwurtztraminer kit. It was an expensive Cellar Craft kit that came with a small bottle of additive to put in after one of the rackings. The guy at the HBS said some people choose not to add it bc it sweetens the wine.

Anyone had experience with this? I do not like sweet wine but I love the flavour of RG wine blends. I want to make this wine to style and I know that most people stick with the manufacturers instructions for a reason.

Should I add it or leave it out ?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

There are dry Rieslings and dry Gerwurtztraminers, but the majority of them seem to be sweet or semi-sweet.

Personally, I like a dry Riesling.

Its up to the winemaker (You!!!).

Do these flavour packs just include sugars or would I be losing flavour too? I like dry, but but I don't want to lose flavour.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Just a guess, but I would say that the flavoring is riesling grape juice, probably concentrated. I'd add some and taste. Keep adding until its good

Latest posts

Back