Flavoring, good idea or bad?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kretzy

Reaction score
So I have racked my pecan and my walnut for the second time stabilized and back sweetened! Left them to mull for a week and tested them out last night. The walnut is fairly bland, it seems to have a smoothness to it... Although quite the burn shortly after! But it is missing something, as with the pecan it has a mild flavor but is so light that you hardly notice!

At this point could I add any flavoring that might jazz it up a bit? Or is there anything I can do to bring out the flavor a bit more? This is three gallons of experimental wine, so I am open to any suggestions! I will do some adjustments to the main recipe to give it ago in the future ( on a smaller batch)

I should say the two wines are:

Pecan and raisin with brown sugar and molasses as the sweetener, I then back sweetened with two cups of white sugar syrup

Walnut with fig with brown sugar as the primary sweetener for the yeast. I then back sweetened:
One gallon with brown sugar syrup
One gallon with honey and karo syrup ( actually made this particular gallon very smooth)
One gallon with white sugar syrup

Any suggestions would be awesome, at this point I am going for the crazy ideas! I am going to bottle a couple as is then experiment on the rest!

Latest posts

Back