Fivefingers shoes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billy915

Reaction score
Made this earlier because I had nothing else to do. Those five finger shoes always reminded me of Al Bundy's creation.

image-1114320537.jpg

Zuljin said:
I did not know that.

Anyone wear these? How do they feel on the webs between your toes?

My brother wore them for a trail run he talked me into. I whooped him pretty good and I was running on a healing broken femur and ankle on separate legs, he was healthy. He was pretty sore afterwards.

Vibrams are exceptional. I don't run ni them too much lately because I'm nursing a nagging knee injury from playing football. But barefoot running is a totally different monster from regular running Your gate, your form, etc. are all different. You start out slow and build up. Also you'll likely never get as fast as with normal sneakers, but you'll also be less likely to get shin splints, planar fascitist. etc.

I did not know that.

Anyone wear these? How do they feel on the webs between your toes?

I tried some on at the store, but my pinkie toes sort of roll outwards, putting the seam in an uncomfortable place.

Vibram has had a factory in the tiny town where I grew up. Plenty of people worked their whole lives at the "Rubber Shop".

My feet are way to messed up to use these, but i know several people who use them for outdoor activities. They also said they take some getting use too, but now love them.

Should add that they are rock climbers, so their feet are more accustomed to it.

Back