First week is up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAKBREW

Reaction score
This is my first try at brewing, and the end of the first week in primary......the smell from the air lock is WONDERFUL!...........can't wait to draw a sample to check the FG........and sneak a little taste!

THE WAITING IS THE HARDEST PART!..................once I get a few more batches going and have smoe inventory it won't be so bad.......for now it's killing me!

SKOLE!

brew brew brew! my first batch went so fast I was at square one with the waiting game, I have a friend who just started brewing, I have him on a 1 batch brewed per weekend for 1 month schedule to keep him busy brewing, transferring, kegging, carbing, so the beers get some time before he chugs them. I wish I followed that plan myself. Congrats on the brew! enjoy it, put a 6er aside to revisit in a few months, and if there are questions, feel free to ask away, there is also a ton of info in the assorted stickies as well!

We've all been there! Congrats on your first batch. If I can give you any advice, don't rush this first one to the bottle; make sure it is finished fermenting. Also, one other piece of advice - get another batch going soon!

This is my first try at brewing, and the end of the first week in primary......the smell from the air lock is WONDERFUL!...........can't wait to draw a sample to check the FG........and sneak a little taste!

THE WAITING IS THE HARDEST PART!..................once I get a few more batches going and have smoe inventory it won't be so bad.......for now it's killing me!

SKOLE!

sounds like a very familiar intro. great to hear. another 1 has been assimilated :drunk:

Thanks for all the help and advice, will be posting more questions soon...............

put a 6er aside to revisit in a few months

This, this, and more this. It was one of the greatest little tips I've picked up from HBT.

On one hand I'm glad I've done this with every brew I've made. On the other hand, I'm somewhat saddened that I didn't put aside a couple of entire batches. Because, while I find my beers have mostly taste great right out of the gate (to me at least), a couple of them ramped themselves up to becoming amazing around the 6 month mark.

I generally set aside three 22's per batch. 3-month, 6-month, 1 year, and then take notes about any flavor changes. In fact, over the next few months I'm going to revisit a couple of the "stand-out" recipes and brew them strictly to stash away and age before drinking.

Back