First Timer checkin in...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BADS197

Reaction score
Hello everyone...

I just ordered a kit from www.morebeer.com and hopefully it gets here this week before I go on vacation next saturday.

My gf and I bought some more beer today and the total for just the beer came to 60$. We got to talking about making our own beer, a discussion we had about 10 months ago, and decided to get a kit. We could make 5 gallons for about 30$ roughly wich is a lot more than we got today for 60$.

She likes dark beer and I prefer the light stuff.

Don't know what to expect but in the last few hours I've read a lot about making beer and the process.

I'm having a party tomorrow and asked all my friends coming, to bring beer that requires a bottle opener and not twist off.. ;)

Wish us luck... :rockin:

Welcome to HBT and good luck! :mug:

It sounds like you are doing some good research. Spend the time you have waiting for your kit to arrive doing more research. The more you know, the easier and less stressful your first brew will be.

Don't let your first one boil over. It's a real mess, and it'll sneak up on you! :)

I'm from York, PA... but havnt' lived there for over 19 years hahah.. but my latest place of residence is Los Angeles, CA.

My gf already mentioned having a beer party once we get a batch made that tastes good. She will invite her friends which are all Japanese (gf is Japanese)I've seen her friends and :ban:

pressure is on!

Welcome to HBT. Good luck on your first batch. While waiting for the kit to come in, a good place for reading (besides the obvious "here") is the online book called How to Brew. It's also not a bad idea to have a print copy around, either.

Rick

I'm from York, PA... but havnt' lived there for over 19 years hahah.. but my latest place of residence is Los Angeles, CA.

My gf already mentioned having a beer party once we get a batch made that tastes good. She will invite her friends which are all Japanese (gf is Japanese)I've seen her friends and :ban:

pressure is on!

Damn, man! Talk about motivation! :rockin:

Better get brewing now!

There's a lot of great info to be found here. When you get the chance, you might want to check out the Home Brew Wiki that is linked to at the top of the page. Also take a look at http://www.howtobrew.com.

Welcome to HBT. Cheers :mug:

Back