Mead and cider competition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maylar

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have entered mead and ciders in an event called The Happy Holidays Homebrew Competition, hosted by the St. Louis Brews in December. This year they are expanding to include a separate comp for mead and cider. This is just an FYI to the community..

Mead Me In St. Louis (And Cider Me Too)

The Happy Holidays Homebrew Competition, hosted by the St. Louis Brews in December, has grown in size over the last several years to become one of the largest in the region. In fact, it has grown so much that we have decided to split into two separate competitions. This year, HHHC will be beer-only, and we are starting a brand new competition featuring only meads and ciders.

The St. Louis Brews are very happy to announce the inaugural opening of Mead Me In St. Louis (And Cider Me Too). Our new competition will be held on Saturday, September 7. This coincides with National Honey Month, and as such, we were able to obtain extra honey prizes from our friends at the National Honey Board.

So what does this mean for entrants? Well, we now have enough certified mead judges in the area to allow us to have two certified mead judges for each entry. Plus, we have a large number of judges that have gone through cider sensory training and taken the cider exam, but are just awaiting results. So entrants can be assured that their entries will be judged by quality judges and they will receive quality feedback. In addition, we will have special prizes for winners, including beautiful wood plaques for our BOS winners.

And what does it mean for judges? By having meads and ciders separate from beers, this allows our judges to concentrate on the meads and ciders they love, and not have to worry about beers.

So mark your calendars for September 7! The registration window will be during the month of August, so you still have time to get those meads and ciders made for this competition. And if you're interested in judging meads or ciders, reserve that day to come help us judge! In addition to judging on Saturday, we are hoping to plan an event for Saturday night for our judges to participate in.

See https://stlbrews.org/competitions for details.

Back